This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Head of finance & operations
Closing date: 10am on 23rd May 2022
Hours of work: Full time (Monday–Friday, 10am–6pm), occasional weekend/ evening working. No overtime but time off in lieu.
Type of contract: Fixed term contract (potentially renewable)
Probation period: 2 months
Salary: £39,000 – £43,000
We are recruiting a Head of Finance and Operations to lead the financial, operational and administrative aspects of Studio Voltaire, ensuring that the organisation achieves its objectives and that of its core funders and key stakeholders.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Senior Management Team, having responsibility for financial management and planning; reporting and evaluation; building management; office management; overall human resources; and visitor services.
We are seeking a highly organised individual with experience in implementing operational systems and the ability to plan, organise, schedule and budget effectively whilst working collaboratively, to form and sustain good working relationships internally and externally
As Head of Finance and Operations, you will make a long–term contribution to the future and sustainability of Studio Voltaire, playing a direct role in supporting artists and helping to achieve the growing ambitions of one of London’s most important not–for–profit spaces.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Significant experience of financial management, including experience of setting, monitoring and controlling an annual budget and project budgets, VAT, producing management accounts and cashflow forecasts, risk management, liaising with an accountant on year–end accounts
- Extensive senior management experience with a proven ability to manage staff effectively and fairly, with the ability to delegate to ensure delivery of objectives and team cohesion
- Understanding of the legal requirements for charities and companies, including company secretarial work, the requirements of the Charities Commission and Companies House
- Experience of devising and implementing policies and procedures, including Health & Safety; Equality, Diversity & Inclusion; HR; Data Protection; Environmental and Safeguarding
- Highly organised with experience of implementing operational systems and the ability to plan, organise, schedule and budget effectively
- The ability to work collaboratively, form and sustain good working relationships internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pro–active, independent and a skilled problem–solver
- Strong IT skills and proficiency is accounting software (XERO)
- Able to manage multiple priorities and work calmly under pressure and to deadline
- Highly accurate and precise in carrying out tasks, excellent attention to detail
- A commitment to pastoral care and employee wellbeing
- An understanding of and affinity with the mission, vision and work of Studio Voltaire
Click on the apply button to download a full job description.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Visual arts / Design
- Finance / Controlling / Taxes
Years of experience