Head of general operations
Salary: £53,000+ competitive, dependent upon skills and experience
Are you highly organised, with strong IT skills and an interest in books? This independent literary publisher are looking for a Head of General Operations to lead and manage IT, HR and Facilities.
Faber and Faber is a leading independent literary publisher based in central London. We have a rich literary history dating back to the 1920s. Our list of authors include Sally Rooney, Marina Hyde, Gary Younge, Max Porter, Akwaeke Emezi, Kazuo Ishiguro, Leïla Slimani, Tsitsi Dangarembga, Sebastian Barry, Rachel Cusk, and a backlist including the works of T. S. Eliot, Seamus Heaney, Sylvia Plath, William Golding and P. D. James among many others. We also run the Faber Academy, a renowned creative writing school, and provide publishing services for other publishers via the Independent Alliance and Faber Factory.
This is a new role and we are looking for someone who has the skills and experience to develop this role and provide leadership in these areas.
This is a permanent, full-time role based in our central London office.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You must have excellent skills in administration, communication, negotiation, project management and people management
- Proven experience in being able to manage these different areas is required
- A good understanding of IT and HR is essential
Our benefits include...
- Access to Faber titles (including regular staff book clubs), discounted Independent Alliance titles
- Minimum of 28 days’ holiday per year
- Five days per year for volunteering work of your choice
- Full subscription to the Headspace meditation app
- Season-ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work vouchers
- Subsidised eye tests
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection insurance
- Access to online GP and advisory services
If you would like to apply please send a CV and covering letter to the email found via the apply button.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
First interviews will be carried out via video call between 13-17 June. Second interviews will be carried out in person in our London office between 23-29 June.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Data Protection Privacy Notice at https://faber.co.uk/data-protection-privacy and our Data Protection Policy at https://faber.co.uk/data-protection-policy. Please read our Data Protection Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policy before submitting your application.
Years of experience
- £51,000 to £60,000 per year