This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Head of marketing
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 17 August, 10am
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 (pro rata)
Contract: Part-time — 24-32 hours per week
Term: Permanent — we will also accept applications from people looking for fixed term contracts (12 months) or freelance work at an agreed fee
Take the next great stride in your marketing career and join Arts Marketing Association in a senior-level role.
The Arts Marketing Association (AMA) works with individuals and organisations in the arts, culture and heritage sector. We provide training, networking and support. This helps to build better relationships with audiences, build organisations better able to do that work, and build the skills in our sector. We champion marketing in its broadest sense.
We are a not-for-profit organisation. We have 3000 members across more than 600 organisations across the UK. We have members at all career levels, and organisations who join span a wide spectrum of arts and heritage types. This includes theatres, arts centres, music venues, orchestras, galleries, heritage sites, museums, libraries and more.
We are looking for a Head of Marketing to join our small, remote team. You will lead our marketing team to achieve our growth and development goals. We are looking for someone to bring their experience and ideas to our friendly and ambitious team. You will work closely with the Head of Membership, who we are also currently recruiting for.
- Work with the marketing team, SMT and membership team to develop and implement AMA marketing strategy in line with the business aims
- You will work closely with the Head of Membership to develop cohesive plans to ensure that our thinking and activity are joined up. Brand Develop the AMA Brand and positioning in the sector. To ensure all communication materials developed across the organisation support the AMA brand
Income Generation – AMA Events
- You will be jointly responsible for AMA earned income with the Head of Membership
- Primarily for this role this will be through AMA events and the successful promotion of funded programmes
- You will contribute to event concepts and development with the events and programme teams and lead on campaign planning, pricing, communications and sales
Website and Systems
- To lead on the monitoring and development of the AMA website and systems to ensure they are efficient and effective
- This will include managing our CRM system, email platforms and analytics systems. Oversee the ongoing development and management of the AMA and AMAculturehive website, ensuring it is up to date and continues to meet the needs of users and the organisation
Data and insight
- Ensure the AMA is using data and insight to inform planning and activity based on customer insight. Report on progress to the CEO, team and board. You will be responsible for GDPR policies and procedures at AMA
- Measure the impact of AMA events on delegates and organisations through evaluation. Use this insight to inform marketing and membership planning, activity and communication
- Leading on our ambition to raise AMA profile in order to extend our influence across the sector and increase income. This will include being responsible for the AMA PR strategy and stakeholder relationship management
- Lead the AMA marketing team and work with your team to ensure that they can fulfill their potential. To help them develop their skills and knowledge and feel fulfilled in their work. To provide the team with the best opportunity to achieve their goals and targets.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You will have experience of leading a marketing team and strategy in a B2B environment, potentially in a training organisation
- You will have written effective marketing strategies and worked with a team to deliver these. You will have experience of working across multiple channels
- You will have experience in our key areas of income generation, profile raising and team leadership
- You will be able to demonstrate projects and initiatives that you have worked on which clearly demonstrate your ability to think strategically and plan effectively
- You will have planned and managed department budgets
- You will have undertaken consistent marketing training
Skills and knowledge
- You will be well-read in marketing and audience development and will be aware of latest thinking across these disciplines
- You will have an interest in and awareness of best practice within both the arts and commercial sectors
- You will be a well-rounded marketer skilled in market research, evaluation, marketing communications, PR and sales
- You will be able to use multiple systems – for example, a CRM system, analytics and email marketing platforms
- You will have a good knowledge of GDPR
- Commitment to EDI as an essential part of the AMA’s work
- Energy, self-motivation, and an ability to drive projects forwards
- A positive, results-focused, attitude to your work
- You will be excited about working in a virtual organisation as well as the opportunities to work on location with the team at least 5 times a year
- A commitment to continuous learning and improvement, both in your own professional life and for your colleagues
- A belief in collaboration, and an open, agile approach to team working
- A professional approach, with a reputation for honesty, integrity and consistently delivering high quality work
- An interest in networking, connecting, sharing ideas, and learning from others
- The ability to work on your own, as well as part of a team
- A passion for the work and potential of the Arts Marketing Association
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and walks of life. We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and ethnically diverse people, and/or candidates who identify as disabled, as these groups are currently under-represented within our team.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £41,000 to £50,000 per year