This job ad is no longer active. Search for New jobs
Individual Giving Manager
Deadline: 07/02/2022 10:00
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 per annum
Do you a passion for the work that the London Symphony Orchestra (LSO) does? Have experience of budget setting and monitoring, and working to targets? Then carry on reading...
The LSO's Development department is seeking an experienced Individual Giving Manager to develop and manage an outstanding high-level stewardship programme for LSO Patrons, a relaunched Artists’ Circle, and major donors to ensure that they feel inspired, appreciated, engaged, and keen to continue their annual support.
- The Individual Giving Manager will work alongside the Director of Development to plan and implement a strategy to bring in new Patrons and other annual donors, where appropriate encouraging donors to move up the ladder of giving
- In addition they will work with the Philanthropy Manager to identify individuals who may be interested in supporting particular areas of work or at a major donor level, and line manage the Memberships Manager, who delivers our Friends and Young Patrons programmes and who is also a first port of call for many Patron enquiries
Knowledge, skills, experience
- High level interpersonal, communication and presentational skills and ability to engage and interact with donors and sponsors at all levels
- Ability to inspire philanthropic giving, and a passion for the work that the LSO does
- Experience of budget setting and monitoring, and working to targets
- Self-motivated with strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage a pressurised workload
- Experience of line management
- IT literate with knowledge of relationship databases and current regulatory and best practice frameworks
- A collaborative team player
- Willingness to attend events outside of normal working hours
- A minimum of 2 years' experience of generating income from individuals to include experience of managing a stewardship programme, identifying new potential supporters, and personally securing new annual donors
- Strategic event planning and implementation experience
- Experience of working in an arts organisation or voluntary sector organisation
- Knowledge of the classical music repertoire
The closing date for applications is 10.00am on Monday 7 February 2022 and first round interviews will take place on Wednesday 16 February.
For more information about this post, including a full job description, please click apply.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £31,000 to £40,000 per year