Closing date: 1st June at 11.59pm
Salary: London Living Wage, set up on PAYE (therefore paid monthly). Any time off is deducted from pay.
Duration: three months, from June to August 2022
So if you’re looking for the chance to develop your insight chops and work with some of the world’s largest brands, then this might be the job for you.
BAMM is a global insights agency with offices in NYC and London. We use a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to help some of the world’s global brands to understand their consumers and drive their businesses forward through creative, visually-led outputs. Our clients include: Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, Shell, HSBC, Movember, Wikipedia, Facebook, and Mercedes-Benz.
BAMM is looking for a curious and passionate person to join our small insights team for a 3 month internship. As an Intern at BAMM, you’ll be expected to support the insights team on various UK and global projects.
At your level, we’re not expecting you to have years and years of practical experience. What is more important to us is an interest - and a natural flair - for what we call the ‘big three’: culture, brands and people.
As part of the insights team at BAMM, you’ll work alongside our qualitative, quantitative, creative team (photography and videography) and project management team.
What you'll learn
- You're not expected to know how to do your key responsibilities yet - but you'll learn on the go, get training and leave the internship with a bunch of new skills
- Learning the ropes of being a researcher in an agency environment
- Weekly check in meetings with line manager providing ongoing feedback and support
- We do not promise any permanent job opportunities following an internship with BAMM although if there is a job vacancy that arises, we will encourage interns to apply and interview for the roles. If there is not any open job vacancies, we often use interns as freelancers and like to keep relationships with the people we’ve worked with
- Supporting in pulling together research documents
- Project management support
- Some moderation of online research and potentially interviews
- Note taking for focus groups
- Being a part of the analysis team on each project, working with and learning from a Research Director on each project
- Helping with the write up process within each project, e.g. sourcing data, quotes, writing market summary sections, etc.
- Supporting new business pushes by providing desk research on different sectors / brands for proposals
- Supporting the creative team with cutdown of video footage and media management
- Writing content for our PR and profile (blogs, articles, etc)
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Although an educational background in a social science discipline is ideal, we’re really open-minded in terms of educational backgrounds
- We want people who are passionate about research, insights, global (and local) culture, people, brands!
A fast learner
A proactive team player
- Is looking to get into insights or research as a career
- Is highly organised and able to juggle multiple plates to keep on top of project work effectively
- Any extra languages is a plus!
Please send us a PDF version of your CV and answer the 3 questions below (max 150 words per question)
- Tell us about a trend or cultural phenomenon you’re interested in
- Tell us about a brand that has made an impact on you and your friends, and how this brand did it
- What motivates you in your work life or student life?
All CVs MUST exclude names and any reference to gender or ethnicity. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
First round interviews with Research Manager. Second round interviews with Associate Director and Research Director.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year