Intergroup sales manager
Closing date: Tuesday 16th August 2022
Status: Fixed term contract – 1 year
Salary Description: Competitive with benefits
We have an exciting vacancy for a sales professional to join our fast-pasted and dynamic team.
Simon & Schuster is one of the most successful global publishers in the world. Our Adult fiction list in the UK includes bestselling authors such as Philippa Gregory, Santa Montefiore, Kathy Reichs, Colleen Hoover, Graham Swift and John Irving. Our Adult non-fiction list ranges from Number One bestsellers Bob Mortimer, Dave Grohl and Rupi Kaur to John Nichol, Laura Bates, Anita Anand and Walter Isaacson.
Simon & Schuster Children’s Books is one of the UK’s most vibrant and fast-growing publishers for young people. Our children’s fiction and YA list features an array of bestsellers and rising stars, from Ben Miller and Adam Silvera to Nadia Shireen, Benjamin Dean, A.F. Steadman and many more, with successful series including Dragon Realm and Dork Diaries. Our picture book list is world-renowned and we are the proud home of the smash-hit Supertato series by Sue Hendra and Paul Linnet as well as stand-out author-illustrators such as Benji Davies, Tom Percival, Beach and Steve Small.
In addition to publishing a wide mix of literary and commercial fiction and non-fiction, and an award-winning children’s list, we also provide sales and distribution services to several award-winning independent Client Publishers from the UK, USA and Australia. These include VIZ Media, Andrews McMeel, National Geographic Adult and Elliott & Thompson.
- Reporting to the Audio Publisher & Sales Director – Online and Digital the role will include working to curate, sell and market titles from our US company into the UK covering titles across Fiction, Non-Fiction and Childrens books
- The role includes liaising regularly with the US office to agree which US world rights titles we bring to the UK
- You will be responsible for uploading the title info onto our biblio system, setting publication dates and prices, working with the stock team to agree order qtys, manage the current backlist and generally champion the titles to the UK and Irish sales teams so that all sales opportunities are maximised
- You will work alongside a dedicated publicist on the list
Knowledge, skills, experience
- We are looking for a driven individual who can demonstrate a thorough understanding of the UK book market
- You will be an analytic thinker, have an eye for detail and have proven understanding of margins, profits and sales data
- You should have strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- You should always be willing to take on new challenges, be flexible and determined to succeed
- You will have a prowess for multi-tasking and innovative thinking and be able to work on your own and as part of a team
- We are looking for someone who will be comfortable when interacting with a large sales team and be able to build strong relationships with our colleagues in the US office but most importantly, someone who is passionate about books
Simon & Schuster UK is an equal opportunities employer committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse workforce. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £31,000 to £40,000 per year