Internship – purpose team
Closing date: 19th August at 11.59pm
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 (dependant on location and experience)
Location: Bristol or London, flexible with 2-3 days per week in office
Start your communications career with an award-winning agency whose mission is to power positive social and environmental change.
Greenhouse communicates to create impact, make information mean more, and share stories to inspire positive change. We’re passionate about delivering integrated campaigns with strong creative at the heart, that have genuine impact and drive positive change in the world.
As a company, everything we do is to scale the solutions we need to tackle the biggest climate challenges we face – from scaling new innovations and technologies, to calling governments to account, to protecting and restoring nature and biodiversity. As a team, we are highly motivated and mission driven. We are friendly, inclusive and dynamic. We have offices in London and Bristol.
The Purpose team devises and delivers integrated campaigns with global reach for pioneering clients spanning food and farming (Riverford, EIT Food, The Food Foundation, Fairtrade Foundation), ocean conservation (Surfers Against Sewage, Wetlands International, SIWI) and sustainable fashion/lifestyle (Triodos Bank, Vestiaire Collective, Vivobarefoot).
We are looking for an intern to join our Purpose practice to drive communications for some of the most exciting and transformational technologies, policy campaigns and government initiatives around the world.
We are based in London and Bristol with flexibility over where this role will be based. We operate a flexible hybrid-working approach, but you will be expected to spend an average of 2-3 days a week in the office. You can apply for greater flexible working in accordance with your personal circumstances.
What you'll be doing
- Media relations
- Content creation
- Digital scheduling and optimisation
- Client liaison
- Reporting and evaluation
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Good track record in meeting deadlines (i.e. through school work or employment experience)
- Demonstrable writing and communications skills
- Social media understanding (have you created your own content? We’d love to hear about it)
- Proven ability to work in teams to deliver excellent results
- Proficient in Microsoft software
- A believer that communications can make the world a better place
- Independent when needed, but always collaborative
- Open to opportunities to continue your growth and training
- An appreciation for how communications cuts through noise and helps to drive behaviour change
- Excited to work within a team of mission-driven communications specialists
Please don’t worry if you don’t have this – we are still interested in your application – but if you are experienced in the below, tell us more!
- Working knowledge of digital communications (e.g. social media, website, visual content)
- Excellent project management skills
- Media relations experience and pitching skills
- Experience with digital management platforms (Social Sprint, Hootsuite etc)
- Experience with project management tools (Trello, Assana, Teams etc)
At Greenhouse, we’re united by a common goal – our responsibility to care for the planet, and fight for climate and social justice. Which makes coming to work meaningful, inspiring and fun. Plus, we give 10% to pro-bono projects that we feel passionately about.
How to apply
Please get in touch via the apply button, with your CV and a cover letter telling us about why you are interested and what you would bring to the role.
The diversity of our workforce is important to us, and we particularly encourage candidates from Black, Asian and Ethnically Diverse backgrounds or Disabled, D/deaf and/or neurodivergent people. To help us track the background of our applicants, we would appreciate you completing a short survey along with your application. This will also help us to offer you the appropriate support if you are successfully invited for an interview.
Please complete the form here before you apply.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Environment / Agriculture
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year