This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
ITV Trainee researcher, Lifted Entertainment North
Closing date: 15th May at midnight
Type: 12-month traineeship
Hours: 37.5 per week
Start date: September 2022
Researchers play a key role in any production, finding the right places, people and stories that make great content. Check out this traineeship if you want professional exposure to the heart of television-making.
Lifted Entertainment is home to some of the biggest TV shows in the world. We are extremely proud of our excellence in programme-making and the creativity of our teams. Some of our award-winning shows include; Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, Love Island, I'm A Celebrity, The Voice, Dancing On Ice, University Challenge and Countdown. We have two significant bases in London and Manchester. We are very proud of the teams we put together that make our programmes and our production talent is recognised as amongst the best in the country. We have a reputation second to none for delivering quality shows that consistently win awards and are genre defining. We are a dynamic and forward-thinking company that are keen to reflect the audience we speak to.
For this traineeship you could be joining Lifted Entertainment in Manchester for 12 months. A researcher is a varied role and is to generally assist the Assistant Producers and Producers on the team with specific tasks. It is a fantastic opportunity to be creative and learn your craft, while developing the skills and connections needed to thrive in the television industry.
What you'll learn
Researching will give you all the tools you need to eventually become a fantastic all round Producer.
It allows you to expand your skill set and hone in on what direction you might like to take in your career, so be sure to seize every opportunity with both hands.
- To contribute to brainstorming sessions and new ideas
- Understand audiences and how television serves them
- Where required, assist on location or in studio and maintain clear lines of communication with all crew, cast and production team members
- To undertake fact checking and research skills accurately and to deadlines where required
- To support talent, contributors and data professionally, confidentially and sensitively in studio or on location
- Organised and deadline-focussed approach to managing workload and conciseness / attention to detail
- Resourcefulness in approaching tasks
- To contribute to brainstorming sessions and the commissioning process with a range of fresh, high quality and viable production ideas and support the team in creating pitch documents and sizzles (training will be given)
- To develop a thorough knowledge of the relevant show format/genre
- To contribute to the editorial vision of a programme (or part of a programme) through sound research skills and the ability to identify and secure programme content
- To suggest ideas for key talent/presenters as well as researching and finding key contributors (interviewees, actors, experts, members of the public) to support all areas of programme content
What we're looking for
- Keen consumer of popular culture, general knowledge, television trends, upcoming talent and curiosity about the TV landscape
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to confidently engage with a range of people such as contributors, experts and talent as well as the ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Good organisational and time management skills with a proven ability to respond to changing demands in a pressured environment
- Competent across a range of IT software including MS Office (word, powerpoint, excel) Google Mail and other Google products
- Desire to build a career in Television and an interest to learn on the job
- Demonstrable passion for content whether it be factual, factual entertainment or entertainment (known in the industry as unscripted) and to learn on the job keeping up to speed with current television programmes and a proven ability to generate ideas
Candidates who have disclosed a disability and meet the minimum requirements will go through to the next stage of the process, unless there is an especially high volume of applications.
We'd love to hear if you have the following:
- Good writing and journalistic skills, with the ability to adapt to different programme formats
- Being proactive and good at problem solving
- Desire to build a career in television with the ability to generate relevant ideas
- Being able to think on your feet and flexible to ever changing demands in a pressured environment
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly; please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: email@example.com
To include in your application
- Referring to the minimum criteria for this role and giving examples, please tell us why you are a good candidate for this role. Please detail some of your previous experience that has led you to want to pursue a career in TV; that could include a student documentary, local radio or newspaper
- In order to attract the largest possible audiences, ITV's content needs to reflect and appeal to the breadth of audiences that characterise the rich diversity of modern Britain. Tell us what is different about your perspective that will influence programme making and help us achieve this aim
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, disabled people, and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Years of experience