Journal portfolio manager
Closing date for applications: 9th July at 11.59pm
Salary: depending on experience
Do you have a proven track record in people management and leadership? Do you possess strong business acumen and an interest in new modes of publishing?
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are seeking a target-driven professional with strong business acumen and a proven track-record in people management and leadership for a Portfolio Manager position in our Life Sciences Program.
The successful candidate will oversee a portfolio of journals and will work very closely with the Head of Program and the other Portfolio Managers. Reporting to Head of the Publishing Program the Journal Portfolio Manager will:
- Represent the interests of the portfolio and provide an effective interface with other departments.
- Ensure portfolio-wide alignment and collaboration internally (among Journal Managers and their teams) and externally.
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure the efficiency and scalability of the portfolio operations.
- Oversee Publishing Development projects to increase efficiency, accelerate growth and bring further strategic value to Frontiers with a proactive, solution-oriented attitude.
- Represent the portfolio in an official role to external stakeholders.
- Align and collaborate with Head of Program to ensure the overall success of a portfolio of journals within the Program, though meeting growth KPIs.
- Recommend to the Head of Program strategic plans and initiatives for the growth and development of the portfolio, including new section launches.
- Support Head of Program with recommendations for strategic initiatives at Program level.
- Lead a team of Journal Managers and Specialists within the portfolio, responsible for overall team performance, recruitment, and training of new team members, as well as their continued professional development.
- Recruit, on-board, coach and provide continued professional development to Journal Managers within the portfolio.
- Lead internal editorial projects and initiatives to bring further strategic value and growth opportunities for the company.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Extensive proven track record of people management and leadership, with the ability to influence and align multiple stakeholders on a focused objective.
- Demonstrated prior experience in recruiting, onboarding, coaching, and supporting team members.
- Proven demonstration of business acumen through the implementation of high-level initiatives.
- Impactful communication skills to present strategies at all levels.
- A thrive-change mentality with excellent motivational skills to deliver the company’s mission.
- The ability to work independently with sound and mature judgement to contribute to the success of the portfolio.
- Strong understanding of the publishing landscape.
- Experience successfully leading projects to develop and contribute to growth strategies.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter and resume
- The indication of your earliest availability
- That you found this role through Creative Access.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Media / Communication
Required degree level
- Level 5 (e.g. Foundation degree)
Years of experience
- general knowledge