This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Junior digital & linear continuity announcer
Closing date: 7th August at 11.59pm
Salary: depending on experience
Hello. Yep, you. We want you to talk on TV, All 4 and social to persuade people to choose Channel 4. Oh, and to keep talking if things stop working - but in a way that’d make your friends laugh and is still OK for your Nan. Why? Because Channel 4’s for everyone. No, it’s not recorded! Don’t you say that, you cheeky rascal. You gotta be pure steel when you’re speaking to the nation because it’s your voice coming out people’s tellies, LIVE. You’ll have to write and deliver it all yourself, but don’t stress, we’ll show you how.
The Continuity team sit within the Marketing department, whose core purpose is convincing audiences (hello, you) to spend more time with Channel 4 by building strong brand resonance and showcasing our best content, across all our sub-brands, content platforms and services. As such, our Announcers provide a pivotal link between the business and its viewers via live and pre-recorded continuity, delivered across Channel 4, E4, More4, Film4, 4Seven and All 4, the UK’s biggest freest streaming service.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Channel 4’s industry-leading (says us) Continuity Team working across the entirety of the brand’s portfolio output. You’ll be working on both our ever-expanding digital output, and live broadcast channels. Can you bring the Channel 4 brand into the digital space by translating our playful personality and warmth to All 4? Similarly, could you be relied upon as the voice of calm on air when a major news story breaks or live sport coverage fails?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, self-starter who is keen to learn and grow while being readily thrown into the thick of the action. This opportunity will offer mentorship and guidance for the right applicant to develop and hone their scriptwriting, vocal delivery and audio production skills. By joining this department, you’ll be supporting the rest of the team on collaborative projects and being asked to work proactively on key marketing activities of your own – check you out. A creative mind is essential, but an affinity for the logistical and practical tasks required to write, record and edit high-quality audio, integral to all of Channel 4’s output, is also an absolute must (please).
- Watch content and write concise, insightful, enticing, editorially and legally compliant promotional scripts to suit each channel’s unique brand identity
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues & key internal stakeholders to define a brand tone of voice for All 4 continuity
- Write engaging and entertaining promotional scripts for use on All 4
- Refine scripts following feedback from relevant editorial parties
- Deliver live on air – and to time - to the nation
- Record, edit and upload audio for pre-recorded transmission on our linear channels and for digital streaming on All 4 at our Playout Centre or remotely
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to ensure sign-off on all marketing messaging
- React quickly and creatively to bespoke Marketing briefs
- Identify and explore other avenues to expand continuity as a marketing tool within the All 4 space
- Attend meetings as required
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Passion for and understanding of the Channel 4 remit
- Experience working in a creative environment, such as radio or online video production (preferably with some element of live presentation)
- An understanding of audio editing software (Adobe Audition, Audacity, etc)
- Willingness to work closely with senior mentors to expand & develop skillset
- Comprehensive knowledge of Channel 4’s portfolio content
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Unflappable demeanour under pressure
- Close attention to detail
- Great team worker
- Proactive approach and able to demonstrate initiative
- Brilliant multitasker
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Exceptional timekeeping, to work to constant, split-second deadline
- Inquisitive outlook
- Hunger to learn, grow and develop
- Adaptable approach
- Creative thinker
- Infectious confidence
- Sense of humour!
We will be asking all applicants to complete 2x small practical tasks – you will see these as additional application questions. We want to make sure we can access any media files you upload easily so please upload them via a file hosting site (ie Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive) and then add a link to them to your CV or task document. Please contact email@example.com if you have any issues with this.
Years of experience
Consent to this service
Consent to this service
Consent to this service