Junior people business partner
Join Frontiers and act as the point of contact for employee relations issues and other HR topics!
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher. We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are seeking a junior people business partner who is solution-orientated and applies a people-focused lens to everything they do. You will be supporting a People Business Partner, bring expertise to help develop solutions and working with a business unit to help deliver it's strategy.
You will work in collaboration with the wider People Team, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition and Compensation & Benefit teams to ensure we provide the best support for our people, who are based across our global offices! We are a fast growing global company, so we are looking for someone who can be hands on and happy to adapt to the changing needs of the business (no day is the same here at Frontiers!).
This is a great opportunity for someone working as a HR Generalist looking to take the next step in their career.
We are part of the wider People Experience Team, and are expanding rapidly, to support the growing needs of our people and business. We have an exciting mix of nationalities, experiences and skills which makes for a very dynamic and collaborative team.
This is a fully remote role with the options to work out of our office spaces if required.
- Act as the point of contact for employee relations issues and other HR topics, providing guidance, counselling, and training to first-line managers and employees, escalating more complex issues to the People Business Partner
- Support the development and execution of HR-related programs within Business Units linked to the Employee Life Cycle / Experience / Development
- Ensure onboarding, promotion, transfer and offboarding processes are positive experiences for our employees
- Coordinate with “centres of excellence” (e.g., People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits) to deliver on business requests and solve business problems
- Maintain and update trackers in a timely manner to ensure accurate people data and identify trends for driving business change
- Recommend new processes or tools in support of business priorities
- Support People Business Partner with companywide HR projects from initial inception through to successful roll out
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Previous experience as a HR generalist
- Experience of employee relations, performance management and stakeholder management
- Experience of working collaboratively in a fast paced environment
- First class organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Outstanding communication skills
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
100% remote working
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis (not applicable to some Workplace/IT jobs due to nature of role requiring presence onsite, in the office).
Learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Media / Communication
Required degree level
- Level 5 (e.g. Foundation degree)
Years of experience
- general knowledge