This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Junior Social Strategist
Reports to: Social Lead
Location: Leeds or Bristol
Channel 4 is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Junior Social Strategist!
The recently-created 4Studio is the engine room for C4’s digital acceleration strategy, with the mission to create, adapt and distribute brilliant content across the key social media channels. We work very closely with key people and departments within C4 to make this a success.
Channel 4 is a world class entertainment brand. The Social team within 4Studio is responsible for further building our world class social media presence.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Junior Social Strategist to help us achieve our objective. You will act as the key conduit between the Strategists within the Social team, and key stakeholders across the business to help devise, implement and manage community, project and platform strategies across Channel 4, E4, All 4 and other Channel 4 properties. You will help build and grow audiences across all social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, Instagram and Snapchat and will be familiar with using data and editorial insight to help drive key decision-making.
The Junior Social Strategist will work closely with 4Studio’s Social Producers, Analysts and Social Media Managers to help craft content strategies that define, elevate and consistently innovate our programming across social with a specific (but not exclusive) remit to further audience engagement across key properties. You’ll be able to conceptualise and then articulate bold and cohesive engagement strategies, and diligently monitor and react to changes throughout a campaign.
Defining content and publishing strategies
- In line with community engagement strategies, you will help in growing, managing and engaging existing and new social communities and will navigate all the complexities around this (in terms of legal and compliance watch outs)
- You will help develop, implement and manage data and editorially-led strategies across multiple platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat –you’ll be one of the key points of contact for social across the business
- You will devise and define briefs for social strategies around key Channel 4 properties, and then oversee the progress of the brief through execution and delivery, ensuring priorities are immediately optimised
- Working with stakeholders across the department and wider business, (including colleagues in marketing, sales and commissioning) you’ll help amend and reformat briefs according to changing objectives or priorities, based on performance and insights
- In addition, you will feed into, and support the Strategists on bigger campaign-style projects, identifying key objectives and collating research and insights from our Analysts (and other sources) to help inform the strategic approach
- Working closely with our Analysts you will monitor performance and volume of social content, to flag any potential dips in KPIs and propose solutions as to how we might address them. You will be both proactive and reactive
- Whether something has gone well or badly, you will be required to learn lessons from what has been done and be able to apply those lessons, so we keep on improving
- You will construct comprehensive plans for campaigns, which may include outlines, budgets, schedules and detailed presentations for stakeholders. This will be done both autonomously and as a support to the Strategists. You will work with the wider team to ensure adequate resource is available to support the proposals
- When it comes to filing, you will be totally ‘on it’, finding the best ways to share information around the team and ensuring all planners and spreadsheets are totally up to date. You’ll also be able to identify key campaign learnings and ensure they’re fed through to the right people in the most effective way. This will be one of the most important tasks for this role in a busy, agile department
- You’ll be adept at using different tools and software packages and be able to write accurately and concisely – your attention to detail is second to none!
- You will attend cross-departmental meetings, taking notes and ensuring all the Strategists receive relevant and appropriate information in a timely fashion. Equally you will ensure that external stakeholders receive relevant information from our team when required
- You’ll be a key point of contact for social across the business and be able to handle all manner of enquiries, but also know when to escalate for further advice
- You will help advise on social best practice across the business
- It’s vital that you’re an expert communicator – you’ll be on top of your emails, and able to identify how best to interact with different teams in all the ways needed (IRL, video conference, instant messenger etc)
- You will be required to manage the sometimes competing demands of key stakeholders. Cool under pressure and excellent powers of persuasion are required
- You will need to be able to explain both problems and solutions in layman’s terms. This will be important when “managing upwards”
- You will be required to work with Analysts and Social Media Managers to produce regular updates that will be shared with Strategists, senior management and the executive team
A Channel 4 & Social Stan!
- You will need to be able to understand the different brand purposes, tones and behaviours of Channel 4, E4 and their shows
- You’ll be ahead of the curve when it comes to social media trends, platforms/products/tools and content innovation, and adept at working with analysts and publishing teams to assess the landscape, perform competitor analysis, utilise social listening tools, and ensure our accounts are always one step ahead of the competition
- Our target audience are diverse and Channel 4 exists to promote diversity. You will need to be empathetic towards a variety of audiences and understand how to connect with them in ways that feel natural to them
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Demonstrate experience of using insights (both data-driven and editorial) to affect the success of engagement strategies across social platforms
- Demonstrate experience in utilising social measurement, reporting and competitor analysis tools to identify and super-serve audiences
- Demonstrate multiple times you have convinced key and senior stakeholders to embrace content innovation, adapt content/publishing strategies, and seen tangible success as a result
- Demonstrate strong administrative and communication skills
- Demonstrate strong experience working across a broad content spectrum – Channel 4 and E4 have diversity of content and audiences at its heart
- While we embrace agile working, you will be primarily expected to work from the Leeds office if you are on duty between 0930 and 1800 from Monday to Friday. If you are on duty outside these hours you are welcome to work from the toilet or the moon as long as you get the job done
- You will be eligible for all Channel 4’s employee Benefits
The social team
- Mission – distribute extraordinary, engaging diverse content that delivers massive and tangible results, and grabs communities across the spectrum... and enjoy doing it
- You will find yourself at home in the team if you like the sound of doing the following…
- Keep on talking to each other (plus have weekly 1-2-1 and team meetings)
- Very collaborative to make things bigger and better (but not making decisions by committee)
- Keep it simple (do a few great ideas really well)
- Be brave and ambitious
- Keep focussed on what we are trying to achieve
- Move quickly
- Be really honest (about the work we are doing and how you feel)
- Create a supportive, encouraging environment
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience