Junior strategist intern
Salary: £23,000 per annum pro rata
Closing date for applications: 25th July at 11.59pm
Contract duration: 3 months
Start date: September 2022 onwards
Location: London (full-time in office)
Love finding solutions to challenges? Have an analytical and creative mind? This internship will give you the chance to work with some of the world's most exciting brands.
8th Day is a brand strategy and innovation consultancy. Set up in 2018, they are a team of skilled researchers, strategists, linguists, product designers, anthropologists and cultural theorists who have lived and worked in the USA, Latin America, Europe and Asia. They design and execute multi-market research, strategy and innovation projects for a diverse range of clients, helping them grow share, enter new markets, and launch new products and comms.
During this 3-month internship, you will have the opportunity to delve into the world of market research and strategy. You'll experience what it's like to be a junior strategist and will be involved in all aspects of live projects, including solving challenges for some of 8th Day's great clients. These include adidas, IKEA, L’Oréal, Diageo, and many more.
What you will be doing
- Helping craft proposals to win new business
- Helping with project set up – deciding who they’re going to speak to, finding experts, or joining briefings with recruiters
- Attending qualitative fieldwork – listening in to interviews and focus groups, taking notes, and being part of discussions
- Being part of analysis, workshops, and ideation sessions – bringing your thoughts to “the table” and helping write debriefs
- If you want to, presenting about a topic you're passionate about at 8th Day's weekly sharing sessions
What you will learn
The core skills of a junior strategist, such as...
- How to set up qualitative research
- The different types of qualitative methodologies
- How to design research materials (e.g. pre-tasks)
- How to moderate qualitative fieldwork (e.g. focus groups)
- How to conduct desk research
- How to analyse qualitative data
- How to pull together findings and outputs (e.g. top line reports and debriefs)
- How a project is run, end to end
- How to pitch for work
- How to conduct meetings and brainstorms
- A bit more about the industry as a whole!
- Much more through participating in a series of training modules
Who we're looking for
- You'll have plenty of curiosity when it comes to a career path involving culture, people, and brands
- A desire to get 'stuck in' and not be afraid of asking questions or doing things differently
- Creativity and critical thinking. Not necessary getting everything right, but having a point of view
- An interest in writing, as you'll learn how to present information in the best way for clients
- A genuine interest in expanding your craft and knowledge base
- Buckets of enthusiasm for what might be your first professional steps into cultural insights & strategy space
- Someone who is punctual, responsible and takes pride in their work
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: email@example.com
If your application is successfully shortlisted, you will be invited to an in-person group interview in the week commencing 15th or 22nd August based in London.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Years of experience