Learning & development lead
Are you good at strategic and critical thinking? Love the idea of collaborating with a variety of stakeholders across the business?
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are seeking a proactive and enthusiastic Learning and Development (L&D) Technology Lead to join our L&D team as soon as possible. Reporting to the Learning and Development Manager, you will work closely with the other L&D professionals and broader People Experience Teams. The role is focused on working with our technology department specifically the two main branches of Product Development and Software Engineering.
You will be required to set the direction for the implementation of the Learning and Development Strategy and apply your knowledge of adult learning theory, L&D best practices, tools, and technology to advise on and evaluate options to elevate the learning strategy. You will have responsibility for leading a small team of Learning and Development Specialists, requiring you to lead, inspire, and coach your team members, foster individual and team growth and agility through delegation, feedback, instruction, and encouragement - building on strengths and dissecting and developing areas for improvement.
The role requires you to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders across the business; bringing together leading practices and deep business acumen to cultivate cross-disciplinary growth and a fantastic opportunity for an experienced leader with a passion for Learning and Development to take the next step in their career.
Our office is located in London, however remote working options are available for candidates across the UK.
- ·Analyse data to drive informed learning decisions and provide analysis across your designated area of the business
- Seek input from the Senior L&D Leader/Senior Specialists and SMEs for curricula strategy, content domains, and learning impact analysis
- Create the annual development plan and delivery model, defining the right mix and use of modalities
- Analyse curriculum reports to identify gaps in success factors, ROI and impact to drive informed learning investment decisions
- Cultivate an inclusive, high-performing team that maximizes team member contribution by creating an environment of mutual support and shared responsibility
- Create an environment which encourages effective teamwork, sharing of best practices, driving innovation, and continuing improvement
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Strong leadership skills with an established track record of taking a consultative approach to designing and delivering innovative learning programs with measurable business results that meet stakeholder needs
- Strong strategic and critical thinking to identify interdependencies between issues, data, and outcomes; clear understanding of how moving pieces come together to build the big picture
- Significant program management experience in successfully planning, managing and delivering multiple, concurrent, and complex work streams in a matrixed organisation with challenging timelines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that build relationships at all levels across the organisation with the ability to influence, collaborate, and build consensus
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and present data-driven insights and trends
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
100% remote working
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis (not applicable to some Business Support jobs due to nature of role).
Learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Media / Communication
Required degree level
- Level 5 (e.g. Foundation degree)
Years of experience
- general knowledge