Lecturer: hair and make-up for fashion
Closing date for applications: 18th August 2022
Contract type: Part time, permanent
Salary: £39,275 - £47,120 pro rata per annum
Are you experienced and highly knowledgeable when it comes to hair and make-up for fashion?
University of the Arts London is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together six Colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts. London College of Fashion is extremely proud to be a global leader in fashion education, research and consultancy. Much of its success is down to its dedicated employees, and you will play an important role in shaping future creative professionals, and impact on the future of so many creative industries.
As the Lecturer of Hair and Make-up for Fashion, you will undertake teaching, curriculum development, and on-going scholarship on this Fashion Media course.
- You will effectively contribute to curriculum development and planning and will be involved in managing unit teams, including Associate Lecturers and will be involved in staff planning and assignment
- You will lead communication and messaging to a cohort of students, and lead a year group, dealing with student queries and providing pastoral and project tutorials
- You will be responsible for overseeing the timetable and resource booking for a year group and leading units, including delivery of lectures, presentations, seminars, masterclasses, groups and individual tutorials
- You will also efficiently liaise and collaborate across the Programme and School via a range of activities and projects
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You will be knowledgeable regarding the contemporary fashion and beauty landscape and have the relevant academic and/or professional practice to be able to contribute to pedagogy and the curriculum in innovative and critical directions
- Including contextualising and theorising beauty and supporting its important position within the Fashion Media Industry
You will have academic and practical expertise relevant to the practices of hair and make-up for fashion along with extensive familiarity of the fashion media industry
Be able to contribute to the academic curriculum and deliver content related to professional practice
If you have any queries about this role, you may contact the LCF Staffing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 07730 900321.
UAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive environments for all staff and students to work and learn – a university where we can be ourselves and reach our full potential. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Visual arts / Design
- £41,000 to £50,000 per year