Licensing and administrative assistant
Closing date: 11pm, 3rd March 2024
Contract: Full time, subject to 6 months’ probationary period
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, including a 1 hour unpaid lunch break. Hours are usually 10am – 6.30pm Monday – Friday.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a licensing and administrative assistant to join our Theatre Department.
At Casarotto Ramsay & Associates, we represent and manage many of the world’s best-known writers, directors, literary properties, and heads of department talent in theatre, film, television and new media. We also strive to welcome new, exciting and powerful voices to our client roster, and we are strongly and vocally supportive of diversity and inclusion of marginalised groups within our industries.
Founded in 1989, Casarotto Ramsay & Associates has not only an illustrious history, but also maintains a firm focus on the future. We are based in London but operate internationally. We are fiercely independent allowing us to represent widely celebrated talent, as well as to nurture rising stars, with individualised guidance and a personal touch.
We are looking for a licensing and administrative assistant for two busy theatre agents, providing general administrative support to their executive assistant and associate and handling the English Language licensing of client work.
Please note, full training will be provided in respect of all licensing and contractual work.
- Handling professional licensing requests in the UK and abroad, including negotiating terms (in collaboration with the primary agent), issuing and executing licences, and liaising with third parties to oversee payments.
- Negotiating (as directed) and administering other contracts and permissions licences, such as publication deals, radio drama agreements, digital distribution licences, etc.
- General administrative support and assistance for Mel Kenyon and Rachel Taylor’s offices, to include: filing contracts, invoicing client payments, updating and maintaining client CVs and biographies, compiling and circulating play reviews, taking meeting minutes, booking meetings, making travel arrangements, arranging house seats, updating monthly show listings, compiling expenses etc.
- Creative engagement with theatre department colleagues, reading and discussing scripts, seeing and reporting on theatre productions.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people in a professional context, and to build excellent personal relationships with clients, colleagues, your line manager, and external contacts.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with close attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced environment.
- An enthusiasm to work with writers/directors/creatives (rather than actors).
- A commitment to championing diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
- Contractual and / or legal knowledge.
- Experience providing administrative support.
- Experience in managing multiple people’s priorities and requirements at once.
- An ability to critically engage with plays, both scripts and productions.
Please click the 'Apply' button to download the Application Information Pack along with the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form (optional). Please do not apply without accessing this information first.
Casarotto Ramsay strives to support a creative industry that reflects and celebrates the diversity of our community, especially in supporting equal opportunities for our clients and colleagues regardless of gender, race, socio-economic background, age, disability, sexual orientation and national origin. As such we are making a concerted effort to foster an inclusive workplace culture and welcome applications from anyone with the skills and drive to support new, exciting work.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Level of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year