This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Marketing and audiences assistant
Closing Date: 15th May 2022
Salary: £22,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
Want to support a radical new approach to delivering audiences to The Factory and Manchester International Festival, that readdresses the balance of power and equity in the arts?
The role will be recruited from the Factory Academy's upcoming Training Academy. The Factory Academy’s Training Academies is a 15 day course designed to help people access roles in the creative industries, gain confidence and learn new skills. They’re fully funded, with no cost to participants, and are open to anyone in Greater Manchester aged 19+, Unemployed, on Universal Credit or earning less than £18,525.
To register for the Training Academy please enroll here.
As we move forwards on our journey towards becoming The Factory, we want to bring together a talented team of people, reaching out into every corner of Manchester and harnessing the talent and energy that is found across the city and beyond.
The purpose of this role will be to embrace new ways of working, challenge conventions and develop new strategies and tactics that will contribute to our audience development in The Factory and at MIF. This role support the Marketing and Audience team in the administration, marketing, promotion and audience development for The Factory.
- Collate and research appropriate marketing information and marketing opportunities for specific commissions, events and audiences
- To provide marketing support for events and work collaboratively to implement the audience development strategy to develop new ways to reach new audiences
- To work closely with the digital team to develop creative digital content to complement marketing campaigns with a particular focus on young people
- To help monitor and assess the effectiveness of marketing activity compiling audience report stats, income and recording KPIs
- To research, develop and help manage relationships with promotional partners and other arts organisations to broaden the Factory’s profile and build awareness
- Work across the team to manage marketing and audience promotional schedules for the website, social and screens
- To raise purchase orders for the team and new suppliers providing financial administrative support
- To assist the Director of Audiences with administrative support, arranging meetings and minute taking
- To act as a brand guardian, maintaining our external communications and advocating for this across the organisation
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Organised, self-motivated, with the ability to work across a range of events simultaneously and work towards tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational, administration and communication skills
- Accurate with a good eye for detail
- Commitment to championing representation and inclusion at every level of the organisation with a proven ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Performing arts / TV
- Media / Communication
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year