Salary: approximately £18,000-19,000 per annum dependent on experience
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 25 May
Interviews: Tuesday 31 May
Be part of the Opera North marketing team in this entry-level role...
We are an award-winning national opera company in the north of England with a strong reputation for innovation and engagement. With our headquarters in Leeds, we receive funding to tour across the country. The touring programme (in Yorkshire, the North West, the North East and the East Midlands) places us at the heart of our communities where we are unique in providing this service. We programme the Howard Assembly Room, a vibrant venue that showcases top international touring artists from a diverse range of genres including jazz, folk, world music, classical recitals, chamber opera, films, talks, installations and family events. No other single performing arts organisation offers the quality, quantity and breadth of opera and musical theatre we provide on a regular basis. We also tour to other parts of the UK and internationally on an occasional basis.
Join a team that is collaborative, creative and always looking for the next and best new idea. As a Marketing Assistant at Opera North, there’s a new challenge every day so being flexible, collaborative, a listener, a contributor and a problem solver is vital. You’ll be keen to learn on the job, working across events and projects, working on multi-channel campaigns with a major focus on email marketing, as well as being extremely organised and offering administrative support to the team. The Marketing Team is at the heart of a thriving creative organisation that aims to deliver extraordinary experiences every day.
The successful candidate will be both creative and analytical with an aptitude for digital marketing that they are keen to develop in this role. Able to assess and continually improve campaigns in order to reach targets, and always focused on end-goals, the Marketing Assistant will work well on their own initiative and also as a contributory and supportive member of the wider Marketing and Communications team.
- Working closely with the Head of Marketing and the Marketing Officers, you'll implement day-to-day tactical marketing activity including writing copy, building emails, briefing artwork and creating digital content
- Create effective email campaigns in order to drive sales and develop audiences, including copy-writing, email design, layout, testing and analysis
- Write, collate and proof-read copy for email and print, ensuring adherence to Opera North's brand guidelines
- Drive the development, growth and engagement of the Under 30s and Try it ON memberships including regular email marketing, event organisation, and digital advertising
- Coordinate the development and implementation of marketing plans to support the growth and engagement of the Access scheme
- Together with the wider team, collaborate with a range of external parties including tour venues to deliver marketing campaigns that drive ticket sales and raise brand awareness
- Support the organisation and delivery of small-scale events including pop-up opera and Under 30 event nights
- Utilising our CRM system (Spektrix), you'll help to drive ticket sales based on intelligent use of customer data by undertaking regular segmentation, analysing customer behaviour, preparing data sets and running reports
- Log campaign activity, costs and track results to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns, whilst striving to continuously improve results
- Liaise with service providers to ensure best possible pricing and customer service. This will include: printers, mailing houses, media buyers and agencies
- Provide support to the wider Marketing team, on the day-to-day implementation of marketing plans and assist the wider marketing team in co-ordinating campaigns and fulfilling administrative tasks
- Liaise with Opera North's design team to deliver print and digital marketing materials, including briefing design jobs, proofing, and providing clear feedback.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- An understanding of marketing live events and how to appeal to audiences.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write persuasive copy for different audiences.
- The ability to work independently, whilst remaining a key part of the team.
- Strong organisational skills, enabling you to work across a wide range of projects to a high standard.
- A calm and reliable approach to busy situations. You'll be solutions focused and adaptable with an ability to see problems as opportunities.
- Curiosity about, and passion for, great marketing.
- You'll be enthusiastic about diversity and opening up the opera to new audiences.
Years of experience