This job ad is no longer active. Search for New jobs
Marketing & communications manager
Term: fixed-term for 1 year
Closing date for applications: 24th June 11.59pm
Increase the Ivors Academy’s impact, reach and market share by growing its profile, visibility and reputation through effective marketing and communications.
The Ivors Academy is the UK’s independent professional association for music creators. We are a community of diverse, talented songwriters and composers across all styles. Their talent creates the music that the world loves.
In this role, you will significantly contribute to achieving the Academy’s strategies and goals across membership growth and retention; fundraising; our internationally renowned awards; advocacy campaigns; and outreach and community building across events, social media, marketing campaigns and working with partners.
Reporting to the Director of Membership, Marketing and Communications the role requires high levels of organisation and planning, creativity, collaboration and a focus on delivering results.
Develop and deliver marketing and communications strategies and plans to grow the Academy’s profile, reputation, membership and fundraising. These will include:
- Promoting events, conferences and webinars.
- High impact campaigns with partners for the Academy’s awards and activities that celebrate songwriters and composers.
- Growing member recruitment through marketing campaigns, encouraging word-of-mouth marketing, and launching new products and services.
- Maximising member retention through effective communications and engagement, and promotion of services and benefits.
- Fundraising initiatives with The Ivors Academy Trust.
- Advocacy campaigns that demonstrate our influence as a compelling reason to join and support the Academy.
In addition, you will:
- Manage the Academy’s digital estate including social media platforms, newsletters and website; using an evidence-led approach to develop our audiences and content, produce engaging copy and create on-brand graphics with graphic designers.
- Manage the Academy’s brand, acting as brand guardian, and work with the Director of Membership, Marketing and Communications on brand development.
- Work collaboratively across the organisation and externally to develop and deliver communications and marketing plans and activities.
- Work with staff to develop their communications and marketing skills and understanding to ensure effective teamwork.
- Develop and manage clear marketing and communications workflows and processes that are effectively communicated with staff.
- Represent the Academy at external meetings and events.
- Manage delegated budgets ensuring value for money and impact from spend.
- Manage contractors, freelancers, interns and temporary staff as required.
- Contribute to the development of team and organisational plans, including campaign monitoring and evaluation of performance to recommend and adopt learnings.
- Act as contact for internal and external inquiries on marketing and communications issues as required.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £31,000 to £40,000 per year
- Digital Marketing