Marketing & communications manager
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday 15th August 2022
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 for 3 days (£30,000- £35,000 full-time equivalent)
Term: Permanent role working 3 days per week
Place of work: Hortensia Road, Chelsea. We welcome conversations about hybrid working
The English National Ballet School are looking for a talented comms expert to communicate its activities across all platforms.
English National Ballet School, the official school of English National Ballet, is a specialist training centre for aspiring and highly talented young ballet dancers aged 16 to 19. We transform talented young dancers into world-class performers over a three-year programme validated by Trinity College, London.
We are now looking for a new Marketing and Communications Manager (3 days a week, permanent) to lead on the planning and delivery of all of the School’s internal and external communications activity. Working closely with the Executive Director and Artistic Director, the successful applicant will work to devise a comprehensive, strategic communications plan that actively and coherently promotes the aims and mission of the School across all communications, including the website, social media, PR activity, publications, and general comms. The ideal candidate will have significant experience of marketing and communications in an arts organisation or school context, with knowledge and experience of dance.
- The Marketing and Communications Manager will lead on the planning and delivery of all of English National Ballet School’s internal and external communications activity
- Working closely with the Executive Director and Artistic Director, the successful applicant will work to devise a comprehensive, strategic communications plan that actively and coherently promotes the aims and mission of the School across all communications, including the website, social media, PR activity, publications, and general comms
- The full job description and person specification and details about how to apply can be found via the apply button
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Significant professional experience in a marketing, communications role
- Knowledge or experience of Dance
- Proven success in planning and executing Communications, Press and PR, Digital and marketing strategies
- Experience of working as part of a School or Arts Organisation
- Good knowledge of digital media, social media and an ability to use it imaginatively
- Excellent oral and written communication, including copywriting and editing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Windows PC systems and Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work as a member of a team and assist in problem solving
- A resourceful approach to influencing and networking
- Strong budgetary and resource management skills
- Ability to deal with pressure and prioritise during periods of increased workload
- A marketing/communications qualification
- Experience of working in events
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Please let us know if you have any access requirements for making an application. Applicants must have UK work authorisation.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £31,000 to £40,000 per year