Marketing & content co-ordinator
The closing date for applications: Monday 11 July 2022 at 10am.
Salary: £24,000 to £28,000 per annum, depending on experience, plus benefits
Interviews: week commencing Monday 25 July 2022 (in person at Barbican Centre where possible)
If you have the creative skills and marketing knowledge to share your passion for classical music through communications, don't miss this role.
The LSO’s two Marketing Co-ordinators play a key role in the department, sharing responsibility for promoting LSO concerts and audience development initiatives, creating printed and digital marketing communications, managing guest lists and ticketing for LSO events, and providing administrative support within the team.
The marketing & content coordinator’s role also has a focus on creating printed and written content, playing an important role in the production of over 50 concert programmes a year, and proofreading and editing a range of communications.
- Research, deliver and evaluate concert marketing campaigns, working in collaboration with the wider team. This will include: planning and briefing advertising; researching partnership opportunities; writing copy; and creating email and mailing campaigns.
- Produce engaging marketing communications, including blog posts, leaflets, advertisements, email campaigns, artist interviews and trailers.
- Assist with wider departmental initiatives to reach new audiences, including promoting the Half Six Fix series of concerts, Wildcard tickets and LSO Discovery events.
- Devise and implement strategies to engage the local community in events at LSO St Luke’s and at the Barbican.
LSO St Luke’s
- Working with the Marketing & Audience Development Manager, promote and grow audiences for events at LSO St Luke’s, including BBC Radio 3 Lunchtime Concerts.
- Oversee the Marketing Assistant Trainee in creating LSO St Luke’s email newsletters, and venue promotional materials.
Box office & ticketing
- Oversee ticketing arrangements for internal staff, artists and guest tickets for half of the LSO’s Barbican concerts, working alongside the other Marketing Co-ordinator, Marketing Assistant and Development department.
- Work on LSO Guest Ticket Desk at Barbican concerts (rota).
Content & editorial
- Create and source content for the LSO’s concert programmes. Circulate and correct proofs, and prepare artwork for printing.
- Collate and update materials for inclusion in tour programmes, and liaise with tour promoters to ensure that information is accurate, correctly branded and up-to-date.
- Proofread print and other marketing materials produced by other LSO departments.
- Oversee the production of accessible versions of publications by the Marketing Assistant.
- Assist the Head of Press & External Affairs with producing and editing the biannual Living Music publication.
- Contribute to organisation-wide content strategies, working with colleagues throughout the organisation to showcase the full breadth of the LSO’s work, and repurpose content across channels.
- Assist with updating the LSO and Barbican websites as required, and upload event pages during the season on-sale period.
- Write and publish posts on LSO social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok), respond to comments, and monitor engagement.
- Create digital content linked to concert marketing campaigns, including articles, filmed interviews and interactive social media content.
- Oversee the Marketing Assistant Trainee in creating and sending pre- and post-concert emails.
- Support the Head of Customer Relationships in audience research and gathering feedback.
- Respond to customer enquiries and complaints.
- When required, answer phonecalls to LSO Reception and monitor the Reception inbox.
- Support the Marketing Assistant in their work across digital content, publications and concert marketing.
- Actively seek to implement the LSO’s Health and Safety Policy in relation to the duties of the post, and at all times give due regard to the health and safety of both yourself and others when carrying out your duties.
- Actively seek to implement the LSO’s Equal Opportunities Policy and the objective to promote equality or opportunity in relation to the duties of the post.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Has relevant experience in an arts or events-based environment.
- Has an understanding of different marketing techniques and how to use these to engage audiences.
- Has good time-management skills, and an ability to manage and prioritise their workload.
- Is computer-literature and able to pick up new software quickly.
- Is a confident writer, with good attention to detail and strong proofreading skills.
- Is able to communicate confidently with a range of people, inside and outside the LSO, with a positive approach to customer service.
- Has an interest in orchestral music and in working in a performing arts organisation.
- Is a team-player, enthusiastic about learning new skills and getting involved in new projects.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year