Passionate about brands and marketing? Do you have an analytical mind?
At Smart Energy GB, we aim to engage and communicate with the whole of our diverse nation about the smart meter rollout across England, Scotland, and Wales. We are an independent organisation set up by the government to deliver the national public engagement campaign, raise awareness of smart meters and drive the adoption of this technology in everyone's homes. Smart meters are essential building blocks in the creation of a cleaner, greener energy system for the future.
We are looking for an analytical-thinking, proactive and passionate marketing executive with previous involvement in major communication campaigns at a media agency or an in-house marketing team, to join our team in the London office. You will play a key role in the creation and delivery of compelling and effective large-scale consumer-facing campaigns.
- Support, and in some instances lead, on the development of multi-channel campaigns
- Work collaboratively with our media agency, ensuring that they are properly briefed and that consolidated and clear feedback is given in a timely manner. This will also involve ensuring that contact reports are accurate and comprehensive
- Use insight to generate creative and strategic recommendations to help inform the development of current and future projects
- Draft high-quality media briefs as required
- Work with the PR team to brief and plan effective media partnerships
- Assist the Head of Media in planning/monitoring and administration of the media budget. Including, managing all media bookings, maintaining live laydowns and finance trackers, and managing relevant information up to heads of departments and the directorate
- Help the head of media with the maintenance of the overall media schedule, and the delivery of specific media plans
- Develop and manage project plans to ensure timely delivery of requirements
- Project coordination with agencies and team members to ensure projects run smoothly, for example booking in meetings, circulating presentation decks etc
- Working as a team with other members of the Smart Energy GB team to ensure alignment and integration of campaigns
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Previous involvement in major communication campaigns at a media agency, or an in-house marketing team, with an understanding of the media planning process
- Ability to compile clear and compelling briefs, and have experience in briefing and managing external agencies
- Skilled at managing projects from concept through to completion
- Analytical, with a strong appreciation of what makes a solid media response, and the ability to effectively assess a proposal against the issued brief
- Proactive, able to work both autonomously, and also as part of a team
- Detail orientated, organised, and able to juggle a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment against tight deadlines
- Skilled in stakeholder management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal/written)
- Passionate about brands and marketing
- Appreciation of the objectives and activities of Smart Energy GB
- Appreciation for the diversity of the people and communities of Great Britain and embrace this diversity in your approach to work
Smart Energy GB is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We actively encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in the marketing and communications sector. We have identified ethnicity, disability and gender as the key areas we would like to focus our recruitment efforts in. Therefore, we are keen to hear from female applicants, applications that belong to the ethnically diverse backgrounds and from disabled people.
We collect and analyse equal opportunity information to make our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible. Please complete the equal opportunity monitoring form when submitting your application to us - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SEGBRecruitmentEDMonitoringForm2022
We’re building a team that is able to understand the needs of and effectively communicate with the whole of our diverse nation. So, if you’re applying for a job with us, we’d like to hear how you can help us do this.
All disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview. If there’s anything we can do to make our interview process or working environment more inclusive and to meet your particular needs please let us know. Our offices have full wheelchair access.
To apply for the role
To view the full job description and benefits, please click the apply button to be redirected to our careers page.
Smart Energy GB is an equal opportunity employer and we track equal opportunity data to make our recruitment and selection practices as inclusive as possible. Please could you complete our short form to help us with these practices -
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use. An audio/visual version is also available upon request.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £31,000 to £40,000 per year