Closing date for applications: Sunday 10th March at 11.59pm
Salary: £32,000 – £35,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Working hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm, Monday – Friday
In-person interviews: Monday 25th March (to be confirmed)
Start date: April 2024
Connect people with this arts organisation's vibrant creative & cultural programmes in this role for a capable marketer who understands the sector.
Revoluton is a Luton-based arts organisation whose work in deeply rooted in Luton, with a creative programme co-created with communities. They work with artist and communities to produce creative work that promotes positive futures for people and place – and provide support, resource, and mentoring to artists and emerging creative practitioners. Revoluton's events and programmes support engagement with creativity in all its forms, from Kashmiri textile design in schools through to large scale international outdoor arts events.
As marketing manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and implementing all promotional and communication activities relating to the activities of Revoluton. This is a key role in the organisation, working across the team to increase Revoluton’s visibility, and working closely with the Producing team to connect audiences, participants and stakeholders to its work in a way that is engaging, accessible and presents the breadth of the creative programme. An experienced marketer, you will also have knowledge of the cultural sector and working with super-diverse communities.
- Create and implement a forward plan for marketing and communications, to include digital content, website, social media, newsletter, advertising, posters/flyers and local PR, ensuring content is appropriate for the target audience of each activity
- Create and implement campaign plans for each programme strand, in collaboration with the relevant producers and artists
- Working with the Executive Director, contribute to the creation and implementation of the organisation’s advocacy plan, identifying opportunities to utilise data and case studies to amplify Revoluton's work
- Keep up to date with current marketing trends and suggest and implement new ideas to enhance the marketing and communications strategy of the organisation
Promoting Revoluton's work
- Maintain all digital channels, including the website and social media, to ensure that the organisation’s profile is maximised, and activities are successfully marketed to the target audience
- Create, commission and distribute marketing assets including, but not limited to, images, designs for flyers/posters, short films and online copy, working within agreed brand and messaging guidelines
- Prepare and issue press releases, maintaining a register of press contacts and working to secure regular local press coverage for Revoluton’s activities
- Ensure that all marketing activity meets a high standard of accessibility, including use of captioning, alt-text and other accessibility features
- Attend Revoluton events and activities to gain images and footage for use on social media and the website
- Ensure that all marketing and communications activity is appropriately authorised, as per internal guidelines and processes
- Liaise with commissioned artists and project partners to co-design marketing strategies and content creation
- Report regularly to the Senior Management Team around campaign plans and impact of marketing campaigns
- Ensure that all marketing and communications activity meets the requirements of funders, including use of correct logos/acknowledgements and actively participating in any funder-led campaigns
- Manage the marketing budget, within agreed limits and track expenditure accurately, in agreement with the Executive Director
- Prepare and manage contracts with relevant suppliers
- With the Programme Assistant, ensure that all data collection opportunities are maximised in line with evaluation requirements and data extraction is undertaken for regular reporting
- With the Executive Director and Programme Assistant ensure all GDPR requirements are in place and followed
- Ensure that all communications are carried out within the Revoluton Safeguarding Policy and Adolescent Code of Conduct. Escalate safeguarding concerns and disclosures promptly in line with the Revoluton Safeguarding Policy.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Demonstrable experience of marketing programmes and events, preferably gained in a cultural or voluntary sector organisation
- Ability to create and implement thorough campaign plans, encompassing digital, print, e-shots and PR activity
- Knowledge of the cultural sector, including audience development and commissioning new work
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge a wide range of digital marketing techniques including website development, e-newsletters and social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Experience of working with external partners on the creation of marketing plans and marketing assets
- Understanding of the role of data analysis in the creation and implementation of marketing strategies
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt style to work with a wide range of people and communities, including proven copywriting skills
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with proven ability to work flexibly under pressure, to prioritise and to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage budgets, create and monitor contracts and produce reports
- Strong IT and administrational skills, including using Microsoft Office, WordPress and CRM systems
- Knowledge and understanding of digital work, especially around community engagement and accessibility
- A proven commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Ability to deliver projects in line with Revoluton's mission, vision and values
- Awareness and understanding of the social, economic and political issues that affect the lives of people in Luton
- Experience of managing marketing functions for a cultural organisation or programme
- Experience of writing campaign plans with an audience development focus
- Experience of creating accessible marketing materials including web accessibility and translation services
- Understanding of audience segmentation and data analysis tools e.g. Audience Finder and Google Analytics
- Design and editing skills, including familiarity of Canva, Final Cut Pro or similar
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- To arrange an informal conversation about this role, please contact Helen Willmott, Executive Director, via email@example.com
- Later in the application process, candidates attending an interview will be asked to prepare a 5-minute presentation outlining how they would approach the first 6 months in the role. They will also be asked to complete a short copywriting task.
Whilst this is being advertised as a full-time post, Revoluton is open to applications from those looking to work flexibly, part-time or fulfil the duties in a job-share arrangement. If this interests you, please outline your proposed way of working in your application.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, disabled people, those undergoing gender reassignment / transitioning and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
If the successful candidate for this opportunity is from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries, they will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Level of experience