Middle-weight creative - Promos creative, ITV Studios Daytime
12 month fixed-term contract
ITV Studios Daytime requires your creativity – do you relish the idea of the different challenges posed by Daytime TV, and can you breathe new life into brands with a finger firmly on the audience’s pulse?
We're looking for a middle-weight creative to join the ITV Daytime Promos team.
The ideal candidate will be communicating what is coming up for some of Britain’s best loved TV shows, dreaming up integrated campaigns and writing for some of the biggest stars on television. ITV Daytime Promos are the in-house creative team who are responsible for creating and producing all communications for the Daytime ITV brand portfolio. We also produce commercial work for external clients.
This department is a mix of creatives, conceptual thinkers, editors, writers, producers and directors all working together to promote the ITV Daytime brands, responding to topical events and seasonal moments to create outstanding work. ITV Daytime promos are part of ITV Studios and work in close collaboration with marketing, media planning, continuity and research & planning. They also liaise with technical divisions, transmission, scheduling, presentation and other areas of the business such as ITV Commercial.
Working in a close-knit team, you will need excellent time management and communication skills, alongside an innovative and creative approach and a genuine love of Daytime TV content. You will play a key role in brand/visual development, as we look to sharply increase engagement with our community platform going forwards.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Develop new and unique ideas that push our brands forward
- Provide effective creative solutions across all channels and ensure the highest standards are maintained at all times
- Work independently, often at speed, with strong conceptual and ideation skills, with a flair for execution
- Create and oversee innovative and effective promotional campaigns across all media and platforms
- Generate and present a number of ideas/concepts for any project – clip based or conceptual/shot
- Work to formal/informal creative briefs, to ensure material is highly targeted and meets agreed objectives
- Ensure that all creative work, across different platforms, is aligned with the ITV strategic vision; and to find innovative ways of driving forward that vision
- Pitch ideas in open forum on conceptual integrated campaigns
- Direct or work closely with director managing shoot crews and talent
- Work closely with a creative on treatment & execution of idea when role requires you to act as director on shoot
- Together with the producer, oversee pre-production and production of clip-based and shoot based campaigns
- Work with producers to source the best external vendors to implement and execute the ideas
- Maintain strong relationships with production companies, designers, post production facilities, & shoot crews
- Work with producer to ensure creative execution stays within budget
- Keep up to date on latest edit, graphic and shoot techniques
- Share individual experience and skills with the department
- Provide support and cover for the creative director and deputy when required
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders including Marketing, Continuity, Media Planning & Commissioning
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Possess good level of technical ability
- Has accurate and prompt record keeping of all external source material (clips, music etc.) used in the execution of the work and its clearance
- Has an awareness of and compliance with all regulatory codes including:
- OfCom Programme code
- OfCom Sponsorship and Advertising code
- OfCom taste and decency guidelines
- Will maintain schedule confidentiality at all times.
Closing date for applications: Friday 1st July 2022
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here
Candidates who declared a disability and meet the minimum criteria will be moved to the next stage - find out more here. We're happy to discuss any additional support you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. We encourage you to get in touch with us if you require additional support please email Daytimetalent@itv.com
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.