Motion design manager
Create content to be distributed on Frontiers' website, blog and social media channels!
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
What you'll do
- Create user-centric content and tell compelling stories through best-in-class videos for distribution on our website, blog, and social media channels
- Create video guidelines for consistency, quality, and collaboration. Collaborate with our broader communications and design team to ideate video strategies to increase the reach and engagement of our content
- Support marketing teams in the development of new concepts and campaign assets, from branded content to social ads
Knowledge, skills, experience
- A self-starter with a drive to take initiative and tackle challenges head-on
- Proven experience in video editing for a broad range of content formats
- Experience with video content creation for brands and adaptation for social media platforms
- Expert proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite
- Detail-oriented and organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- Tech-savvy, adaptable and willing to go the extra mile
- Excellent communication skills
- Business-level Proficient in English, which is the working language at Frontiers
- You have a portfolio highlighting your projects and your specific contributions
- You’ve worked in the SaaS industry or a tech startup
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
100% remote working
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis (not applicable to some Business Support jobs due to nature of role).
Learning and development (L&D)
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Marketing / Sales
- Media / Communication
- Visual arts / Design
Required degree level
- Level 5 (e.g. Foundation degree)
Years of experience
- general knowledge