New business manager
Salary: £36,000 - £40,000 per annum FTE, depending on experience.
Hours: Full-time ideally, but could also be considered on a 4 days per week basis (with salary pro-rated accordingly).
Power agency growth as 23red's dynamic new business manager – from managing pitch opportunities to orchestrating strategic marketing efforts.
23red is a purpose-driven creative agency. We develop brands and campaigns that change behaviour for the better and have a positive impact on people’s lives.
Whether it’s tackling climate change, fighting inequality or driving blood donations, we take pride in developing brands and campaigns that make a real difference to society. We are experts in crafting creative campaigns that cut through and engage, delivering them through paid, owned and earned channels, frequently working through the trusted voices of media, partners or influencers.
Our people are motivated by the impact of our work and we have clear values, each underpinned by a set of behaviours: Collaborative, Curious, Creative, Caring and Clever.
We’re part of Capgemini Invent globally, aligned to Frog in the United Kingdom – and whilst we operate as a separate brand, we have the benefit of being part of a network.
The New Business Manager is the engine of the agency’s new business machine, providing invaluable support to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in delivering the new business strategy. They will be the lynchpin for the day-to-day running of the new business function from monitoring portals and maintaining a presence with key intermediaries, to qualifying pitch opportunities, and working with pitch teams on live opportunities. The successful candidate will bring bundles of energy, enthusiasm, and influence in shaping our new business efforts.
New business pipeline
You will play a key role in supporting the SLT when it comes to filling the opportunities pipeline:
- Intermediary relationship building, engaging with the SLT and New Business Director on which key intermediary relationships should be the focus by organising regular catch-ups, attending events, and workshops, and contributing to editorials (e.g. Creative Brief’s Bite). Regularly updating the intermediaries with latest agency news such as new hires, pitch wins, breaking work
- CCS and government portals, working with the New Business Director and the Senior Business Directors to regularly monitor the portals for new tender opportunities
- Monitoring trade press and sector titles – looking at which clients are pitching new marketing appointments, any upcoming product launches and keeping track of any that are on the prospecting list
- Direct approaches, monitoring the New Business inbox, following up on leads and updating SLT on opportunities
- Pitch qualification, summarising the pitch opportunity for the SLT to make an informed decision to progress or not using 23red’s pitch evaluation framework (Fame, Fit, Fun and Fortune)
- Network opportunities, working with the marketing manager at frog to compile bespoke creds decks for frog clients bespoke to the opportunity in hand.
Working closely with the SLT you will help to drive forward our prospecting efforts:
- Prospecting database – keeping the list of key prospects up to date with intel, utilising resources such as Alf Insights
- Hot prospect contact strategy – firstly identifying and agreeing on the top 10-20 prospects with the SLT. Working with the Head of PR, building a robust plan to ensure that 23red gets and stays on these clients’ radar.
- Agency staff experience and contacts – working with HR to track staff's client contacts at previous agencies, creating LinkedIn client maps for easy reference
- Client tracking – setting up a system where New Biz Team are working with the Business Directors to ensure they are LinkedIn with all their clients, and they alert you when clients change jobs
- Prospecting events and thought leadership – working with the SLT and PR & Social Team on a calendar of events. Supporting each event with a plan for maximising output for thought leadership, social media content, and press editorials with clear actions identified.
- Assisting in the early stages of the pitch process, especially at the tender stage. Creating a plan of action and timeline, liaising with the SLT to assemble the day-to-day pitch team.
- Assisting with the admin at early stages of the pitch process working with the pitch angel to compile requested information and case studies and working with the day-to-day pitch team at the final pitch stage.
- Ensuring post-pitch wrap-ups are carried out and learnings incorporated into the pitch process for future opportunities
Working with the SLT and Head of PR to ensure that all agency collateral is fit for purpose.
- Creds: creating and maintaining a master version of the creds that can be easily adapted and updated for pitch presentations and submissions
- Case studies: coordinating a three-team effort (Account Lead, Strategy Lead and Creative Lead) to ensure new campaigns are written up in the required case study formats and kept updated
- Website/Social channels: coordinating the Website and Social Team to keep channels updated by sharing latest work, views and news and feeding this all into an overall marketing calendar.
- Working closely with the Head of PR and Social team to assist with delivery of a 12-month marketing calendar to ensure marketing efforts of the agency are supporting the new business drive.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven track record in new business development in the creative industry.
- Project management skills - a multitasker and natural problem solver with the ability to think on your feet. Proactive, highly organised and deadline-driven with an ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Written skills - Excellent grammar and spelling, with an obsessive eye for detail when originating work and proofreading.
- Communication skills - excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator; the ability to read a room or a person and adapt accordingly, rapport is a major part of this role.
- Research and analysis skills – know who we are in comparison to our competitors, and know the market in which we operate. This is less about research and more about a genuine desire to know everything.
- IT skills – good standard in all Office programmes, great standard in PowerPoint.
The employer reserves the right to close the listing and stop accepting applications sooner than the original deadline. Therefore we strongly recommend applying at the earliest opportunity.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Level of experience