Creative Access is looking for up to three non-executive directors to join the Board and support the organisation as it embarks on an ambitious period of growth and development.
Creative Access is a social enterprise, unrivalled in diverse recruitment and inclusion, which aims to tackle the under-representation of many communities in the creative industries. Creative Access has placed over 2,000 individuals with more than 500 employer partners and has provided employability skills support to over 50,000 individuals. All profits go back into growing, training and supporting our community.
Employer partners span the creative economy and are located throughout the UK and range from global brands, to tiny start-ups. A full list of partners is can be found here. All partners are asked to commit to the #MoreThanWords pledge which involves a commitment to making a change in three areas:
- Hiring candidates at all levels from a range of backgrounds
- Investing in staff from under-represented groups to progress to senior positions
- Creating an inclusive workplace so new and existing diverse staff feel valued and able to flourish
Creative Access works across three areas:
- Recruitment – including recruiting for paid-internships run as positive action schemes, supporting job recruitment and hosting a jobs board
- Support and outreach – helping young people to access creative careers via extensive access events, plus supporting staff from under-represented communities to progress their careers via mentoring programmes and leadership training
- Employer support – Providing diversity, mental health and wellbeing training to help make organisations become more inclusive, from leadership sessions with Boards and senior management teams, to whole company training
For the next stage of our journey, we would like to recruit non-executive directors to join the Board to, amongst other things, oversee the development and delivery of its vision, act in an ambassadorial role and contribute to the good governance of the organisation.
We are particularly interested in hearing from people with expertise in the following areas:
- Organisational development and business growth
- Employment and diversity law
- Experience of the Arts and wider creative industries
- Diversity, inclusion and social mobility
- Recruitment and training
- Higher education and youth outreach
Please read our Board recruitment pack (click the link here) to learn more about Creative Access and how to apply for this role.
Closing date: 5 June 2022
Years of experience
Consent to this service