This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
NOW - Brand communications executive
Salary/bursary: London Living Wage
Contact duration: 12 months
Start date: October 2022
This unmissable placement opportunity will give you the chance to learn all about PR and brand reputation.
We’re NOW, part of the Sky family and one of the UK’s leading streaming platforms. We’re the only place to get Sky Cinema and Sky Sports without a contract. We’re brilliant TV made by brilliant people. We’re big on real diversity, inclusion and collaboration. And we need talent to keep pushing boundaries and grow our brand. Big-thinkers. Changemakers. Showstoppers. Join in.
What you'll be doing
- Work closely with the Sky PR team and corporate communications teams in the development and delivery of PR activity to support their shows, products and services
- Supporting the delivery of product and corporate communications – drafting communication packs, press releases, liaison with stakeholders, briefing spokespeople
- Support the corporate communications team with responses to press enquires and crisis communications
- Support on the development and implementation of volunteering initiatives
- Assist the brand comms manager with the day to day running of NOW’s LinkedIn channel and paid promotion, developing NOW’s employer brand
- Drafting weekly industry news updates to circulate across the business
- Occasionally supporting the consumer PR team on creative campaigns ensuring alignment across social and influencer channels
What we're looking for
- You are comfortable working with a range of stakeholders and navigating competing demands
- A good awareness of news and current affairs
- You are highly organised and efficient
- Comfortable working on a number of projects and tasks at once
- You are a proactive and positive self-starter, able to deliver work with tight deadlines
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
How you’ll work
They know the world has changed, and they want to offer their employees the chance to collaborate at their unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
They’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how they work. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base
Their Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of their free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at their subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at their cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at their beauty salon.
How you'll grow and be supported
They’ve created a brand new learning experience that will sit alongside your Creative Access programme. They’ll help you grow into your role, with the right tools and support (of course). This learning and development programme supports you with:
- Growth - Every project and role you take on will be a chance to learn and grow. And you’ll be supported by passionate colleagues along the way
- Confidence - Whatever your background, you can make a valuable and valued contribution. You’ll build confidence by getting involved and stepping outside of your comfort zone
- Belonging - You’re trusted to own your day, but there’s always someone on hand to make sure you succeed. With fellow grads, inspiring each other to think big and take action. Or with your manager and wider Sky team to help build your own unique career.
Plus, you’ll have access to a range of tools, from workshops to digital courses (like LinkedIn Learning), which will help you along the way.
You'll also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
They’re all about watching great TV, so getting free NOW is a given. You’ll also receive life insurance, pension and access to their Sky Benefits platform. This includes health and wellbeing benefits e.g. dental insurance, gym memberships, cycle plans and health screening, as well as lifestyle benefits e.g. retail vouchers and season ticket loans for travel.
You’ll get access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, their award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
So why wait?
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record.
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: email@example.com
- The closing date for applications is 15/05/2022 at 23:59
Why Inclusion is important
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, Sky is working hard to ensure they’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means they don’t just look at your CV. They’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky.
They celebrate diversity because different people, with different perspectives make Sky a better business. Their customers are incredibly diverse, so they should be, too.
Years of experience