This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
NOW - Social media executive
Salary/bursary: London Living Wage
Contact duration: 12 months
Start date: October 2022
What does it mean to deliver a campaign for some of the biggest shows, movies and sports, while building an engaged community? Apply for this role if you want to know the answer & advance your career.
We’re NOW, part of the Sky family and one of the UK’s leading streaming platforms. We’re the only place to get Sky Cinema and Sky Sports without a contract. We’re brilliant TV made by brilliant people. We’re big on real diversity, inclusion and collaboration. And we need talent to keep pushing boundaries and grow our brand. Big-thinkers. Changemakers. Showstoppers. Join in.
The Social Media Executive will join the Social Media team, which sits within NOW’s Marketing team. You will work closely with NOW’s Influencer, PR, Brand, Acquisition and Customer teams, as well as the Social Media agencies, platform and studio partners. The social team has overall responsibility for setting the Social Media strategy, vision and creative direction for NOW.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Social Media Manager, the Social Media Executive will be key member of the team in executing the day-to-day Social Media and Influencer priorities for NOW. Your role will include but is not limited to:
- Help deliver social campaigns and always-on content across key channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). This includes planning, creating assets, writing social-first copy and scheduling content, to help support key Memberships (Cinema, Entertainment and Sports).
- Daily community management, to help NOW build an engaged social community.
- Attend monthly reporting sessions with creative agency and apply learnings across social delivery output.
- Proactively identify emerging trends and opportunities, relevant to NOW.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders throughout the team, wider business and external agency partners to establish good working relationships.
- Support talent opportunities by preparing engaging fan-led questions and games.
- Help the Social Media Manager deliver NOW’s Influencer Strategy, managing campaigns and always-on activity with agency support.
What we're looking for
- An interest in social media, including developing, producing and delivering social media content and campaigns.
- A passion for social media and a flair of creativity to help NOW find new ways to capture the audience’s attention and get people talking.
- A willingness to learn how to successfully use a Social Media calendar, scheduling tools (Content Cal, Hootsuite, Sprinklr or similar), and reporting tools
- A passion and knowledge for Social Media and TV is a must, with an interest in a wide range of Entertainment, Sports and Movies
- Have a strong understanding of Social Media industry and platforms; the different ways new audiences consume content on them, ability to embrace new technology and change to drive engagement.
- Must have strong copywriting skills best fit for Social, and experience writing for a brand.
- A track record in end-to-end project management with an ability to influence & manage multiple internal & external stakeholders, with strong examples of clear and concise communication.
- A team player, with demonstrable experience working in a quick-paced environment with tight deadlines and juggling multiple priorities with a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the business when necessary.
- An interest or preferentially experience in Influencer Marketing, as you’ll be helping the Social Media Manager lead NOW’s Influencer Strategy
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
How you’ll work
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We’re all about watching great TV, so getting free NOW is a given. You’ll also receive life insurance, pension and access to our Sky Benefits platform. This includes health and wellbeing benefits e.g. dental insurance, gym memberships, cycle plans and health screening, as well as lifestyle benefits e.g. retail vouchers and season ticket loans for travel.
You’ll get access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, their award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Why Inclusion is important
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best. CV’s aren’t everything. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential what you’ll bring to Sky.
We celebrate diversity because different people, with different perspectives make Sky a better business. Our customers are incredibly diverse, so we should be, too.
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: email@example.com
- The closing date for applications is 15/05/2022 at 23:59
Years of experience