The Nutopia Partnerships. A senior-level development opportunity.
Closing date: 3rd March at 11.59pm
Interviews: week commencing 21st March
Start date: as soon as possible, with flexibility to accommodate notice period
Duration: 12 months
Successful candidates will be funded to participate in this programme at a rate commensurate with current salary.
Would you like to join the team that works closely with some of the world’s most recognised and award-winning actors and producers to help bring positive change to the industry?
Nutopia is a UK-based leading premium factual independent production company.
As part of the urgent need to improve senior representation in the TV and film industry, Nutopia is offering four experienced individuals a unique immersive opportunity with the team producing an ambitious, multi-part global factual series with Disney’s National Geographic.
The lack of opportunity at senior levels in the industry for Black, Asian and other ethnic minorities is a long-standing issue. Funded by National Geographic, this opportunity is a positive action collaboration between Nutopia and Creative Access and is designed to promote diversity and inclusion.
The Nutopia Partnerships is an accelerator programme aimed at creating the next generation of creative leaders by offering an opportunity to traditionally underrepresented groups.
The Nutopia Partnerships offer candidates in senior TV and film roles the experience of being a part of an industry-leading producing team.
As a candidate, you will currently be working at Line Producer/Producer/Series Producer/Director level, looking to accelerate to the next level or move into high end factual TV. You will be a proven creative leader.
As a Nutopia Partner you will embark on a 12-month development programme covering all the processes of senior leadership in a multi-episodic factual TV programme, from development of the episode story, to production on location with a large crew and edit oversight. This is alongside leadership coaching, a bespoke professional development training plan and mentoring.
Candidates will develop new skills by being immersed in the activity of a highly trained specialist team, making a high-end series in challenging locations. Candidates will also experience networking opportunities to improve visibility and contacts within the industry.
The Nutopia Partnerships will run over two years. There will be four Nutopia Partners in total, completing 1 year each. We are currently recruiting for year one (2022) but do not be put off by the timing. If you would like to join the team but are not sure if the dates will suit – please apply anyway.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- We want to hear from adaptable and collaborative individuals
- Demonstrable experience at mid-senior level, Line Producer, Producer, Series Producer or Director
- The desire to learn more about the whole process of making high-end factual entertainment TV
- Proven creative leadership
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to maintain key relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Confidence to think analytically and make effective decisions in fast changing environments
- A commitment to this project for 12 months with an interest in building a career in factual documentary
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document
- In your covering letter please address the following:
- Why you think the time is right for you to become one of the Nutopia Partners and what you would hope to gain from this experience
- Please state your last or recent average remuneration level
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: email@example.com
Creative Access offer an accessible recruitment service, including alternative means of applying (e.g. video or audio files). If you would like to make use of our alternative services or you are having any difficulty with this process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Interviews will take place week commencing 21st March with offers of Nutopia Partnerships and outlines of your personalised schedule of activities by week commencing 18th April.
Years of experience