Office & marketing co-ordinator
Closing date: Thursday 25 August, 3pm
Contract: full-time, permanent, 10.00-18.00
Salary: £20,000-£24,000 depending on experience
Ready to have a pivotal role in the smooth day-to-day running of The Sixteen?
After 42 years of worldwide performance and recording, The Sixteen is recognised as one of the world’s greatest ensembles. Comprising both choir and period-instrument orchestra, The Sixteen’s total commitment to the music it performs is its greatest distinction. A special reputation for performing early English polyphony, masterpieces of the Renaissance, bringing fresh insights into Baroque and early Classical music and a diversity of 20th- and 21st-century music, is drawn from the passions of conductor and founder Harry Christophers.
At home in the UK, The Sixteen are “The Voices of Classic FM” and Associate Artists of Kings Place and Wigmore Hall, London. The group promotes The Choral Pilgrimage, an annual tour of the UK’s finest cathedrals, which aims to bring music back to the buildings for which it was written. The Sixteen featured in the highly successful BBC television series, Sacred Music, presented by actor Simon Russell Beale.
In 2011 the group launched a new training programme for young singers called Genesis Sixteen. Aimed at 18 to 23 year-olds, this is the UK’s first fully funded choral programme for singers designed specifically to bridge the gap from student to professional practitioner.
For more information on The Sixteen, Harry Christophers and our record label CORO, please visit www.thesixteen.com.
The Office & Marketing Co-ordinator will be responsible for co-ordinating and overseeing The Sixteen’s London office and for providing back-up support to the team across various functions, with a particular focus on marketing.
- Be the initial contact for phone calls and emails from the general public, efficiently and professionally redirecting call and emails to appropriate individuals
- Maintain stationery supplies
- Open, sort and distribute incoming post and process outgoing post
- Order couriers and taxis as required
- Manage maintenance of office equipment including the printer, computers, franking machine and telephones (we have an external I.T. consultant)
- Room-bookings and preparation for board meetings as required
- Be The Sixteen’s Green Champion – researching environmental policies with a view to compiling and overseeing an environmental policy and its implementation for The Sixteen
- Other duties as requested by the team, depending on The Sixteen's schedule
- Banking with HSBC (paying in cheques and cash),processing card payment reports and managing invoices via Dropbox
- Working with building staff at office/managing office contracts
- Minutes for staff meetings
- Recruitment support
- Responsible for managing The Sixteen’s postal mailing and email lists
- Work with the Marketing Manager on general marketing activities with a specific focus on The Sixteen’s own promotions such as the Choral Pilgrimage tour
- Assist the Marketing Manager with social media
- Assist the Concerts Department as required with general concert and tour preparation and post-concert and tour administration
- Supporting the administration of The Sixteen’s Individual Giving programme including: generating patron renewal and thank you letters; helping deliver patron benefits; processing donations; updating and maintaining accurate donor information on the Development database (Spektrix)
- Liaising with the Accountant re donations and banking reconciliation
- Helping with mailings
- Support the Education Manager as required with administration of projects including Choral workshops, which may include helping run audition and workshop days
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Proven experience in arts administration is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time-management and administrative skills
- Highly organised with the ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and a friendly, enthusiastic personality
- An interest in classical music is desirable
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel) and the aptitude to learn in-house software
- Experience of Spektrix desirable
To apply for this role please email or post a CV and covering letter to Jessica Tomkins by Thursday 25 August at 3pm via the apply button.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year