Closing date for applications: 24th August at 11.59pm
Salary: £22,600 per annum equivalent
Start date: September 2022
Duration: 9 months
Want to join the production company responsible for shows like My Mad Fat Diary, Doctor Foster, and The Honourable Woman?
Drama Republic is a dynamic independent TV production company, specialising in high quality drama.
Reporting to the Director of Production and Office & Production Coordinator, the post is office-based from Monday-Friday and, in general, normal office hours apply, however, the office is a busy production environment, so a flexible approach to working hours is essential.
The runner role works closely with the Personal and Executive PA’s and the Office and Production Coordinator at Drama Republic to enable the smooth running of the Drama Republic office.
What you will learn
- The skills needed to ensure the smooth running of a TV production office
- The opportunity to gain exposure to different aspects of the process of producing high-end television
General office upkeep and support, including:
- Office visitors/client hospitality, including greeting and offering refreshments
- Supporting the Office and Production Coordinator with office and asset management including managing the office storage unit and organising office post
- Assisting production with booking travel/accommodation/couriers
- Day to day managing of supplies and keeping the office /reception/kitchen areas stocked and tidy
- Managing petty cash accounts
- Answering phone calls
- Opening and closing the office
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of office systems and procedures and excellent computer skills, particularly, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Planning and organisational skills and the ability to meet fixed deadlines
- Understanding of the need to handle confidential information with tact and sensitivity
- Organised and efficient
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise the work that is allocated
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- A flexible and pro-active approach to meet ever-changing demands and to work reasonable additional hours as and when required
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and deal sensitively and confidently with a range of contacts, both internal and external to Drama Republic
- Experience of working in an office environment would be an advantage
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, disabled people, and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Years of experience