Closing date for applications: 15th July at 11.59pm
Salary: depending on experience
We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet.
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
OKR stands for 'Objectives and Key Results'. The OKR management methodology is the secret sauce that fuels Frontiers on its mission to create solutions for healthy lives on a healthy planet. The role of an OKR Coach is instrumental in managing, improving, and promoting our use of OKRs.
OKR coaches oversee the OKR process and ensure alignment of OKRs throughout the organization using strategic consulting skills and a deep understanding of the essence of the company’s objectives and key results.
As an OKR Coach, you will work across the following thematic areas:
OKR Planning: You will support our autonomous OKR teams with managing the quarterly OKR planning process by organizing and facilitating planning sessions which aim to identify key strategic and operational objectives. As a strong influencer, you’ll play a key role in supporting teams and individuals across the business in the assessment of their resources where there is overlap or where there are interdependencies between areas or departments.
OKR Cadence: You will work alongside our autonomous OKR teams and enable effective use of the OKR methodology by overseeing the OKR check-in cycle, facilitating check-in sessions, capturing lessons learned, and evolving our use of the OKRs process.
OKR Training: You will contribute to designing and delivering in-house individual or group OKR training solutions with the aim of raising internal OKR know-how and capacity.
OKR Culture: By coaching and influencing, you will help foster the development of the mindset and culture that enables optimal use of OKRs.
- Maintain and continuously improve a robust set of OKR quarterly planning and runtime processes
- Contribute to delivering online and in-person OKR training as well as coaching staff on how the OKR system is used at Frontiers
- Work closely with one or more autonomous OKR teams by coaching them on OKR crafting, outcome-focused mindset and the OKR process
- Ensure that all objectives are clear, and the key results are well defined and measurable
- Support the annual strategic planning and setting of annual OKRs
- Contribute to being the keeper of the OKR system to ensure that it is updated, constantly improved and transparently available to all colleagues
- Contribute to the regular communication of the vision, mission, and strategy and how OKRs relate to them
- Build and manage a network of colleagues and contacts, sharing examples of best practice in across Frontiers.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience with OKR processes and/or dedicated professional development/training in OKR methodology
- Experience with facilitating workshops and fact-finding sessions
- Experience with working with software product development teams in an agile environment
- Savvy in metrics and results measurement; you understand the difference between activity and results
- Excellent communicator and listener with ability to engage employees and executives credibly and confidently
- You are genuine, warm, positive, engaging, empathetic, with the ability to show tact and poise under pressure
- You are polished in your presentation, meeting facilitation, and written communication skills.
- You are business savvy, with strong interest and experience in areas of strategy development, linking strategy and execution, operational excellence, and developing high performing teams.
- You are results oriented problem solver with excellent organization, project management, and time management skills
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Media / Communication
- Business administration / Management
Required degree level
- Level 6 (e.g. Bachelor's degree)
Years of experience
- general knowledge