This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Salary/bursary: National Living Wage
Contract duration: 7 weeks
Start date: mid-June 2022
Bring your passion for music to Aurora Orchestra and join them on their mission to reach new audiences and be the world's most creative orchestra.
Aurora is about bringing the richest musical experiences to the broadest possible audience. They’re constantly searching for new ways to heighten engagement with music and help audiences get under the skin of great works.
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving team producing a wide range of activities from children’s performances and immersive experiences to large scale orchestral concerts and international tours.
You will provide support to the production team with planning, logistics and management of all of Aurora’s artistic activities. The role will work closely with the concerts manager.
What you will learn
- Assist with production planning and administration for concerts
- Assist with freight and instrument provision logistics
- Assist with stage management of rehearsals and concerts in the UK
- Assist in sourcing props and theatrical elements for Orchestral Theatre and shows for young people in consultation with the concerts manager
- Assist in preparation of sheet music in consultation with the concerts coordinator
- Day to day administration tasks in the department for concert, touring, recording and all other artistic activities
- Day-to-day office administration, supporting the office team
- Assist with maintenance of storage of the orchestra’s equipment and props
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Good time management skills
- The ability to communicate with people at all levels of seniority across all areas of the organisation
- Prioritisation of multiple tasks
- Demonstrable evidence of an interest in music
- A demonstrable enthusiasm for orchestral music and the arts
- Knowledge of orchestral repertoire
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, disabled people and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Years of experience