This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
People & culture intern
Deadline: 23/05/2022 23:59
Start date: 04/07/2022
Duration: 12 months
Salary/bursary: £21,500 per annum
Combine your passion for TV and HR as Discovery's people & culture intern!
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel.
The people & culture (P&C) team is responsible for managing all matters relating to employees within the organisation, this includes recruitment, compensation and benefits, learning and development, as well as employee relations and organisational development.
This role will have two core elements, firstly as a key member of the people and culture partnering team in the UK, supporting P&C activities across the employee lifecycle. You will have the opportunity to be part of a wide range of P&C topics and to support a business which is fast transforming to meet the changing demands of Direct to Consumer products. The second area of focus for this role will be P&C Operations and will give you the opportunity to understand the core elements of P&C Operations and how these work hand in hand with P&C Partnering.
What you will learn
- You will work with the team in both London and Poland to understand our systems and processes and how these add value to the leaders and managers across the business
- You will work with stakeholders across the P&C function including Talent Acquisition, Compensation and Benefits, Learning and Development to ensure that they have a well-rounded understanding of a P&C function in a large matrix organisation
- You will help add value to the business through various P&C activities
- You will work closely with the team to understand business problems and help to create effective and commercial solutions
- Key projects that you will be involved with will depend on the demand from the business at the time, but are likely to include annual cycles such as pay increases, employee relations, organisation change management, recruitment drives, employee wellbeing and unconscious bias awareness and development
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Some experience with data and analytics
- Attention to detail
- Adaptability and ability to work on your own initiative
- Good organisational skills
- Clear and concise communicator
- Passion for TV and the growing demands of Direct to Consumer organisations
- Comfortable working at pace, with multiple and changing requirements
- Confidence to speak up and share ideas in both group and 121 settings
- Awareness of the areas of a HR department would be useful but not essential
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year