Political advisor - media & communications
Role: Political Advisor for the Shadow Secretary of State for Women and Equalities, Party Chair and Chair of Labour’s Policy Review, Anneliese Dodds - Media & Communications
Salary: £41,000 - £47,000
Have experience providing media and communications support? A good understanding of the current political environment?
The Labour Party is looking to recruit a political advisor to provide media and communications support to the Shadow Cabinet Member and their frontbench team to promote the strategic goals of the Labour Party, including working with the Labour Party Press Office to promote Labour’s political and policy agenda in national and regional media. It will also involve providing general support to the Shadow Cabinet member in the execution of her duties in Parliament and beyond.
The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge and experience of the media and political environment, knowledge of the Labour Party and its structures, knowledge of the parliamentary process, excellent organisational skills, experience of preparing written and verbal briefing materials and the ability to work proactively and collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and decision-making skills to ensure quick responses to requests from internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work proactively with a variety of stakeholders and politicians
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy, to tight deadlines
- Experience of providing media and communications support
- Experience of preparing quotes, statements and written and verbal briefings
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of working in a political environment
- Experience of project management
- Ideally, experience of working with Parliamentary processes
- Excellent knowledge of news and media
- Knowledge /understanding of the current political environment
- Knowledge of the Parliamentary process and relevant policy brief
- Knowledge of the processes of policy development and political decision making
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £41,000 to £50,000 per year