This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Political Advisor for the Shadow Secretary of State for Women and Equalities, Party Chair and Chair of Labour’s Policy Review, Anneliese Dodds – Women and Equalities
Salary: £41-47k pro rata, dependent on experience
Length: A fixed term contract for the period only that Anneliese Dodds is Shadow Secretary of State for Women and Equalities, Party Chair and Chair of Labour’s Policy Review
Closing date: 24th May at midnight
Term: This role is offered on a part-time basis (3 days per week)
The Labour Party is looking to recruit a Political Advisor to provide support to the Shadow Cabinet member with her responsibilities related to women and equalities.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience in the field of women and equalities, policy development experience, national media and parliamentary/ political experience, and experience of writing speeches, briefings and other materials.
- Supporting the Shadow Cabinet Member, their frontbench team and the Leader of the Labour Party to promote the strategic goals of the Labour Party
- To lead on the Parliamentary work of the Frontbench team, including:
- Managing legislation through Bill Teams, including policy advice, political management, and drafting amendments
- Preparing for Oral Questions
- Responsibility for UQs and statements
- To provide day to day support to the Shadow Cabinet Member, including:
- With all events, speeches and engagements related to the Shadow Cabinet brief
- With media engagement, including interviews and articles
- With the coordination of the wider Labour frontbench
- With PLP engagement, including producing PLP briefs
- To provide policy analysis, research and briefings to the Shadow Cabinet Member and the Leader of the Labour Party as required
- Where required, to work with the Labour Party Press Office to promote Labour’s political and policy agenda in national and regional media specifically on women and equalities and respond to Government announcements
- To support the Head of Policy Development with frontbench engagement in Labour’s policymaking process
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Shadow Cabinet Member and the Executive Director of Policy including supporting policy briefs in the shadow teams
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and decision-making skills to ensure quick responses to requests from internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work proactively with a variety of stakeholders and politicians
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy, to tight deadlines
- Experience of preparing quotes, statements and written and verbal briefings
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of working in a political environment
- Experience of project management
- Experience of providing media and communications support
- Ideally, experience of working with Parliamentary processes
- Excellent knowledge of the policy brief of women and equalities
- Knowledge /understanding of the current political environment and media
- Knowledge of the Parliamentary process
- Knowledge of the processes of policy development and political decision making
Applicants can have an informal discussion on working arrangements with the hiring manager as part of the application process.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £41,000 to £50,000 per year