PR account executive
Location: London (Chancery Lane)
Working pattern: Full time, hybrid working (3 days in, 2 from home)
Looking to jump start your career within the communications industry?
We’re Grayling UK, a multi award-winning PR & Communications agency that truly creates advantage for our clients. We care passionately about our people too and we’re the proud winner of PR Week’s ‘Best Place to Work’ award. From public affairs to consumer PR, crisis management and everything in between, we help clients across the UK and around the world to build their brand, implement effective comms strategies and engage with their audiences better than ever before.
We are proudly part of Accordience. Accordience is an international public relations, public affairs, financial and corporate communications group – made up of Grayling, Citigate Dewe Rogerson (CDR), Red and Cirkle. Together, we have c.1,000 employees and operations in 30 countries.
We’re a sociable bunch and life at Grayling will offer you a whole host of benefits including 4pm Friday finishes, hybrid working, regular training workshops and regular socials – not to mention the opportunity to work across award winning global campaigns! We’re growing fast, winning pitches and looking for the best talent to join us!
- We are looking for people with a desire to jump start their careers within the communications industry
- The role will involve a focus on Corporate PR work and day to day responsibilities will include client servicing, problem solving, researching and writing
- We are looking for excellent communicators, team players, creative thinkers and naturally curious individuals
- You don’t need to have a specific educational background but we are looking for people who have the enthusiasm and creativity to make the most of the opportunities at Grayling
- Utilize your knowledge of traditional and digital media to maximise PR opportunities, promoting the range of PR services available to clients
- Use the full range of media, creativity and digital tools available to devise, review, evaluate and present progress on campaigns, identify gaps and recommend improvements in consultation with the Account Manager
- Build and manage media lists and recommend appropriate opportunities to target
- Conduct effective media sell ins & identify most advantageous opportunities for client coverage
- Deliver insightful research driven by data and manage key new business assets which underpin proposals
- Keep the team and client informed on progress in accordance with agreed processes, ensuring expectations are managed and any issues are escalated in a timely fashion
- Deliver accurate written communications including: press releases, quotes, emails, status & contact reports, social media materials
- Build trusted relationships with journalists and media professionals covering their specialism/client area and develop their external network
- Pro-actively keep up to date with client-specific media, industry and digital developments and seek to apply this knowledge in their work
- Manage departmental administration and support the team, ensuring internal processes are followed
Our promises to you
- A creative working environment in a newly refurbished central London offices
- An incredibly positive and supportive work culture driven purely by our values (curious, committed & connected).
- Regular team socials and early finish Fridays.
- An abundance of personal development opportunities, with courses ranging from writing, resilience, creativity and more!
- Flexible working arrangements.
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing by one day every year up to 30 days.
- New business and employee referral bonuses.
- Cycle to work scheme
- PRCA membership
- Health & wellbeing programmes
At Grayling, we recognise that to deliver the best work for our clients, we need a diverse range of perspectives and experiences. As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to ensuring best practice approaches to a diverse and inclusive recruitment process and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Required degree level
- Level 6 (e.g. Bachelor's degree)
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year