This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
PR account manager - film
Closing date: 09/08/2022
At Organic, film and television is what we love. We hire people who are passionate and have enthusiasm for the industry we work in. Is that you?
We’re a communications agency specialising in PR and social. We surround our clients’ content with small teams of experts who collaborate to be productive, responsive and accommodating. We build exciting campaigns around content of all kinds targeting audiences that will love them. We’ve been around for 16 years so we have strong roots in our industry, but we approach all our work with a fresh, innovative and forward-thinking approach that enables creativity to thrive. We believe that that in order to be successful partners for our clients, we need to be experts in what we do; be creative in the way that we think; and be nice to work with on every campaign.
Our values are built around Togetherness, Diversity, Inclusion and Passion. We subscribe to the concept of All In. All In is our commitment to building a truly inclusive culture full of diverse people, thought and perspective. We oppose all prejudice and discrimination and are active in our pursuits of creating a culture that is representative of the different communities and intersections within Organic, Havas and the wider industry, community and society.
You’ll report to Account Director / Senior Account Director, UK Film Publicity
The Account Manager is the backbone of any team. This role is trusted to lead clients through day to day campaigns. You’ll be called on to lead smaller projects and support the broader team on more complex projects and occasionally outside of the UK Film team (e.g. on TV and streaming). Communication is key. You’ll need to manage up effectively, so everyone understands the progress you’re making but also train and nurture those less experienced. You will have film PR experience, and/or have worked with distributors or streamers either in house or at an agency.
Build brilliant and effective campaigns. Make your clients want to work with you again.
Get everything running smoothly. Be creative, innovative and proactive in all you do.
Knowledge, skills, experience
Every account manager needs to bring a core set of skills to the table.
- Be proactive – develop and implement processes that improve the day-to-day running of the team and/or a particular project – being proactive and creative in your approach
- Add value – get out of your comfort zone, pitch your ideas and contribute thinking
- Attention to detail – check everything, then check it again. Even if you didn’t do it
- Be prepared to keep a cool head when working under pressure
- Be organised – you’ll be handling a high volume of workload with a significant level of accountability, so you need to be an excellent juggler and able to identify priorities in a high-pressured environment
- Be a team player – we work in teams almost all of the time so you need to be dependable
- Be strategic – it’s not about blanket coverage; it’s targeting the right audience, the right way
- Be open – to new ideas and new ways of thinking – proactive and creative in your approach
- Be a negotiator – Be confident with pitching and executing delivery of coverage with media and social media influencers
- Be a delegator – ability to delegate to the account executive/senior account executive (AEs/SAEs) and drive the day to day efficiency
- Be a networker – make time for clients, attend events/functions to get to know your industry peers
- Ability to be flexible - Willing and able to work on projects outside of your comfort zone
Responsibilities as part of the UK film team
- Maintaining and developing exceptional relationships with media and social media influencers across all sectors of film, arts, entertainment, news, lifestyle and culture
- Building strong relationships with clients and stakeholders across the film and streaming
- Supporting your team on the various film project and retainer accounts
- Leading meetings with clients and proactively set up agendas, both internally and externally
- Coaching and mentoring of junior staff to help manage their time and focus
- Identify target press and influencers for pitching according to demographics, circulation and followers, subsequently pitch out feature ideas and talent
- Writing and sending press releases and screening invitations
- Running a press office and planning all aspects of a press junket, including multi-talent schedules and logistics including cars, hotels and groomers
- Collation, reporting and analysis of coverage and campaign status and effectiveness
- Developing proposals and strategies for your projects or pitches and presenting ideas to clients
- Placing exclusives and syndicating assets, proactively following up to secure coverage
- Management and booking of screening rooms, spaces and logistics for events and activations
- Attending events, junkets, screenings and activations and managing confirmations, press hospitality/check-in/ accreditation
- Media management of premieres writing media alert, managing accreditation, running press line, syndicating materials and post event sell-in/press release
- Line management of AE/SAEs to include regular check ins, bi-annual appraisals, goal setting and holiday approvals
- Contribute to ideas/brainstorms/pitches outside of projects you are directly working on, in order to offer valuable, experienced insight to the wider agency
- Occasionally work outside of standard working hours at screenings, set visits, premieres, junkets and international film festivals
- Feed into agency Goal setting with proactive initiatives and positive ideas around the key pillars of People, Work, Clients, Reputation and Growth
- Share your knowledge, learnings and experience with the broader team and contribute to the training and development of your less experienced colleagues
- Be passionate – show a keen interest and knowledge of entertainment content, particularly film and television
Our shared values
Togetherness: We all get stuck in to get a result. We support each other, as experts, with humanity and compassion. We have fun together, which feeds into the creativity of our collaborative work.
Diversity: Difference makes us strong.
Inclusion: Everyone feels welcome and comfortable to be themselves.
Creativity: Everyone contributes. All ideas welcome. Think big!
Passion: We all care deeply and love our work. Live, eat, breathe entertainment.
Expertise: We know our stuff. We share our knowledge. We encourage and nurture.
Respect: We respect our team, our clients, our industry peers. We are kind, accommodating and nice.
Flexibility: We ask you to be adaptable and to work outside of 9.00am-5.30pm working hours on occasion.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Media / Communication
Years of experience
- £31,000 to £40,000 per year