PR account manager - TV
Closing date: 09/08/22
Do you have television PR experience, and/or have worked with production companies, broadcasters or streamers either in house or at an agency?
At Organic, film and television is what we love. We hire people who are passionate and have enthusiasm for the industry we work in.
We’re a communications agency specialising in PR and social. We surround our clients’ content with small teams of experts who collaborate to be productive, responsive and accommodating. We build exciting campaigns around content of all kinds targeting audiences that will love them. We’ve been around for 16 years so we have strong roots in our industry, but we approach all our work with a fresh, innovative and forward-thinking approach that enables creativity to thrive. We believe that that in order to be successful partners for our clients, we need to be experts in what we do; be creative in the way that we think; and be nice to work with on every campaign.
Our values are built around Togetherness, Diversity, Inclusion and Passion. We subscribe to the concept of All In. All In is our commitment to building a truly inclusive culture full of diverse people, thought and perspective. We oppose all prejudice and discrimination and are active in our pursuits of creating a culture that is representative of the different communities and intersections within Organic, Havas and the wider industry, community and society.
You’ll report to Associate Director.
The account manager is the backbone of any team. This role is trusted to lead clients through day to day campaigns. You’ll be called on to lead smaller projects and support the broader team on more complex projects and occasionally outside of the UK Television team (e.g. on Film and streaming). Communication is key. You’ll need to manage up effectively, so everyone understands the progress you’re making but also train and nurture those less experienced. You will have television PR experience, and/or have worked with production companies, broadcasters or streamers either in house or at an agency.
To ensure our clients are serviced to the highest standard and to be instrumental in developing team members who report to you and work with you on project teams. To be putting forward ideas and initiatives to improve the workings of the team, the culture of the agency and the the business.
Knowledge, skills, experience
Every account manager / senior account manager needs to bring a core set of skills to the table.
- Be proactive – develop and implement processes that improve the day-to-day running of the team and/or a particular project – being proactive and creative in your approach
- Add value – get out of your comfort zone, pitch your ideas and contribute thinking
- Attention to detail – check everything, then check it again. Even if you didn’t do it
- Be prepared to keep a cool head when working under pressure
- Be organised – you’ll be handling a high volume of workload with a significant level of accountability, so you need to be an excellent juggler and able to identify priorities in a high-pressured environment
- Be a team player – we work in teams almost all of the time so you need to be dependable
- Be strategic – it’s not about blanket coverage; it’s targeting the right audience, the right way
- Be open – to new ideas and new ways of thinking – proactive and creative in your approach
- Be a negotiator – Be confident with pitching and executing delivery of coverage with media and social media influencers
- Be a delegator – ability to delegate to the account executive/senior account executive (AEs/SAEs) and drive the day to day efficiency
- Be a networker – make time for clients, attend events/functions to get to know your industry peers
- Ability to be flexible - Willing and able to work on projects outside of your comfort zone
Responsibilities as part of the UK television team
- Maintaining and developing exceptional relationships with media and social media influencers across all sectors of TV, arts, entertainment, news, lifestyle and culture
- Building strong relationships with clients and stakeholders across the TV and streaming
- Supporting your team on the various TV project and retainer accounts
- Leading meetings with clients and proactively set up agendas, both internally and externally
- Coaching and mentoring of junior staff to help manage their time and focus
- Identify target press and influencers for pitching according to demographics, circulation and followers, subsequently pitch out feature ideas and talent
- Writing and sending press releases and screening invitations
- Running a press office and planning all aspects of a press junket, including multi-talent schedules and logistics including cars, hotels and groomers
- Collation, reporting and analysis of coverage and campaign status and effectiveness
- Developing proposals and strategies for your projects or pitches and presenting ideas to clients
- Placing exclusives and syndicating assets, proactively following up to secure coverage
- Management and booking of screening rooms, spaces and logistics for events and activations
- Attending events, junkets, screenings and activations and managing confirmations, press hospitality/check-in/ accreditation
- Media management of premieres writing media alert, managing accreditation, running press line, syndicating materials and post event sell-in/press release
- Develop, maintain and expand unit publicity expertise in the team from press set visits to management and oversight of key deliverable assets – including but not limited to unit stills, EPK, key art and social media assets, working closely with producers and broadcasters/streamers
- Line management of AE/SAEs to include regular check ins, bi-annual appraisals, goal setting and holiday approvals
- Contribute to ideas/brainstorms/pitches outside of projects you are directly working on, in order to offer valuable, experienced insight to the wider agency
- Occasionally work outside of standard working hours at screenings, set visits, read throughs, premieres, junkets and international TV festivals
- Feed into agency goal setting with proactive initiatives and positive ideas around the key pillars of People, Work, Clients, Reputation and Growth
- Share your knowledge, learnings and experience with the broader team and contribute to the training and development of your less experienced colleagues
- Be passionate – show a keen interest and knowledge of entertainment content, particularly film and television
Our shared values
Togetherness: We all get stuck in to get a result. We support each other, as experts, with humanity and compassion. We have fun together, which feeds into the creativity of our collaborative work.
Diversity: Difference makes us strong.
Inclusion: Everyone feels welcome and comfortable to be themselves.
Creativity: Everyone contributes. All ideas welcome. Think big!
Passion: We all care deeply and love our work. Live, eat, breathe entertainment.
Expertise: We know our stuff. We share our knowledge. We encourage and nurture.
Respect: We respect our team, our clients, our industry peers. We are kind, accommodating and nice.
Flexibility: We ask you to be adaptable and to work outside of 9.00am-5.30pm working hours on occasion.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £31,000 to £40,000 per year