PR assistant - DK Brand & Communications
Closing date for applications: Friday 1 July at 11.59pm
Are you a super organised individual who can work to tight deadlines, likes talking to people and has a good understanding of the importance social media plays in PR? If so, you’re in luck.
Responsible for delivering full administration support to our busy PR team, DK has a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to make their first career move into the world of publicity in a role that exposes them to all the elements as PR Assistant.
- Organising company/department presentations and events
- Arranging travel for authors and event speakers
- Managing the advances process
- Processing invoices and running monthly budget reports
- Creative planning and idea generation
- Develop media relations and influencer relationships/contracts
- Write your own press releases & promotional copy
- You will have the opportunity to work within a truly collaborative business where you have the freedom to be able to make a real impact if you’re willing to put in the hard work
- The scope of this role means you will stretch and grow your experience in truly integrated teams who are so incredibly passionate about the beautiful books, content and digital products we produce, and all the people we work with to create them
- You will learn from multiple skillsets, share knowledge and expertise and once you’ve bossed the basics, be given your own campaigns to run
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Working with an array of people both internally and externally, you will have the very best communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Have the ability to build and maintain effective relationships and be the linchpin for all internal departments
- This is a busy role that will suit a proactive, motivated self-starter who can work to tight deadlines, multitask and stay ahead of the game whilst maintaining a cool, calm and collected head
DK is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the varied communities that read our books across the world. We encourage applications from all individuals, regardless of age, religion, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or social background. DK is proud to announce that we have adopted The Halo Code.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
DK supports flexible working and has introduced a new ‘smart-working’ policy. This allows colleagues to work from home for up to three days a week to ensure the importance of a good work-life balance.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade, but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews or undertaking internships. For more information, visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year