PR campaigns manager
We are looking for a creative PR campaigns manager, with a track record of combining creative thinking with a strong understanding of consumer media.
At Smart Energy GB (SEGB), we aim to engage and communicate with the whole of our diverse nation about the smart meter rollout across England, Scotland, and Wales. We are an independent organisation set up by the government to deliver the national public engagement campaign, raise awareness of smart meters and drive the adoption of this technology in everyone's homes. Smart meters are essential building blocks in the creation of a cleaner, greener energy system for the future.
We are looking for a creative PR campaigns manager, with a track record of combining creative thinking with a strong understanding of consumer media to deliver excellent PR coverage and delivering consumer coverage in a diverse range of consumer media, including print, online and broadcast, to join us in our London office!
Your task will be to drive the positive agenda for the vital smart meter technology that cuts through to the British public and opinion formers. You will play an integral role in the PR campaigns team, delivering a proactive communications plan that delivers impactful PR initiatives that reach and engage our target consumer audiences about the benefits of smart meters and encourage conversions to installations.
- Support the PR manager and head of PR campaigns in designing and planning creative consumer PR ideas in support of SEGB’s strategic priorities
- Manage the delivery of high-quality, relevant PR initiatives among target media
- Ensure that content is accurate, working with colleagues to ensure claims are properly substantiated
- Support the delivery of media partnership content as required, ensuring that content is produced according to agreed plans, is accurate, on time and on budget
- Build and manage relationships with relevant consumer journalists, understanding their needs, timescales, interests and forward plans
- Work collaboratively with SEGB’s PR agencies, to ensure high quality and accurate work in support of team objectives
- Collaborate with colleagues in other teams to ensure close integration and joint planning of initiatives where relevant
- Work closely with colleagues in digital, particularly on social media messaging and planning
- Maintain close working relationships with colleagues across the PR department to ensure that approaches to and from journalists are managed in a coherent and coordinated manner
- Take part in the 24/7 duty press office rota (inc. out of hours), responding quickly and robustly to reactive media requests and opportunities while seeking corrections or clarifications to misleading or inaccurate articles
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You will have a track record of combining creative thinking with a strong understanding of consumer media to deliver excellent PR coverage
- Track record of delivering consumer coverage in a diverse range of consumer media, including print, online and broadcast
- PR campaigning experience, working in a planned and coordinated way across the year
- Ability to develop and deliver creative, relevant and targeted consumer PR ideas
- Strong media relations experience
- Experience in managing and delivering consumer PR campaigns through from idea development to delivery and evaluation
- Strong understanding of digital communications
- Good knowledge of PR evaluation techniques
- Appreciation of the objectives and activities of Smart Energy GB
- Appreciate the diversity of the people and communities of Great Britain and embrace this diversity in your approach to work
Smart Energy GB is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We use data to measure the effectiveness of our attraction and selection methods to ensure that they are fair and equitable and that opportunities at Smart Energy GB are accessible to people from all backgrounds.
We actively encourage applications from currently under-represented groups. We have identified ethnic minority, lower socio-economic background, disability and gender as the key areas we would like to focus our recruitment efforts in.
What do we do at Smart Energy GB to promote diversity and inclusion?
Every person who applies for a role at Smart Energy GB is asked to complete a diversity questionnaire and they are asked whether or not they consent to their diversity data being taken into consideration at the shortlisting stage. Please complete this form with your application - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SEGBRecruitmentEDMonitoringForm2022
1. Rooney Rule
We are building a team that is able to understand the needs of and effectively communicate with the whole of our diverse nation. We want our team to reflect the diversity of the wider population, in terms of the representation of people from ethnically diverse and lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If consent is given, of the candidates who meet the essential selection criteria for the role and who are from ethnically or lower socio-economic backgrounds, at least one will be shortlisted for the next stage in the recruitment process, which is usually an interview.
All disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description will be guaranteed an interview if consent is given for this data to be taken into consideration at the shortlisting stage.
If there’s anything we can do to make our interview process or working environment more inclusive and to meet your particular needs please let us know. Our offices have full wheelchair access.
To apply for the role
Please click 'apply' to send us your CV and cover letter.
Smart Energy GB is an equal opportunity employer and we track equal opportunity data to make our recruitment and selection practices as inclusive as possible. Please could you complete our short form -
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use. An audio/visual version is also available upon request.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £41,000 to £50,000 per year