PR senior account executive
Salary: £28,000 - £31,000, dependent on experience
Use PR expertise to shape media narratives, build relationships, and contribute to impactful campaigns in this exciting role!
23red is a purpose-driven creative agency. We develop brands and campaigns that change behaviour for the better and have a positive impact on people’s lives.
Whether it’s tackling climate change, fighting inequality or making higher education accessible to all, we take pride in developing brands and campaigns that make a real difference to society. We are experts in crafting campaigns that drive action and delivering them through owned and earned channels, frequently working through the trusted voices of media, partners or influencers.
Our people are motivated by the impact of our work and we have clear values, each underpinned by a set of behaviours: Collaborative, Curious, Creative and Clever.
We’re part of Capgemini Invent globally, aligned to Frog in the United Kingdom – and whilst we operate as a separate brand, we have the benefit of being part of a network.
We're on the lookout for a Senior Account Executive with PR as their core expertise, to join our friendly, supportive and growing team.
50% of the job will be assisting the 23red team in delivering the day-to-day project management of campaigns including building media lists, drafting press materials, media sell-ins, client liaison and evaluation trackers. 50% will be assisting the PR partner in building the reputation of both frog and 23red within the marketing media, assisting with publicising our internal events and award entries and building media relationships. This is a great opportunity to get senior exposure and act with some autonomy whilst still being fully supported by the PR and marketing teams.
You will have a passion for media, be a strong team player and thrive on getting media coverage. Existing relationships or experience with the marketing media would be a bonus. As we are a small team you would be working alongside and receiving mentoring from a highly skilled and experienced team, including one of the best PR Client Partners in the industry.
- Prepare press materials, correspondence and client information
- Identify news hooks and develop storylines for press releases
- Participate and contribute to the generation of creative ideas & platforms
- Generate content for different platforms and audiences
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of media, social media & advocacy to clients when required and take a key supporting role in developing media strategies around news platforms (researching press rules/regulations and considering wider environment)
- Build relationships with journalists and clients, becoming a key contact person for both
- Build a portfolio of press contacts across all media to achieve targeted coverage
- Liaise with teams across 23red and frog to build a calendar of opportunities to publicise our work, our people and our culture including offering regular comments to the marketing media on topical issues affecting the industry
- Work with the new business team to assist with logistics of events including drafting and selling in op-eds and comment pieces
- Manage time effectively, prioritising tasks and meeting deadlines
- Take ownership and accountability for individual projects or elements of account activity (e.g. research, defined projects, events); play an active role in the development of initial proposal/timeline/budget and manage implementation through to final delivery
- Assist with budget management by ensuring all costs are accurately captured in the budget trackers
- Build and manage supplier relationships e.g. designers, film production agencies
- Oversee the development of coverage and evaluation reports
- Take responsibility for the basic financial elements of client accounts e.g. budgeting, time management and cost controls
- Assist with new business opportunities, at research, preparation and pitch stage
- Contribute to planning and brainstorming meetings
- Liaise with clients and offer advice where necessary, becoming a regular point of contact for clients
- Prepare for and present in client meetings, as appropriate
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Agency or in-house experience
- Proven track record of securing media coverage (marketing media relationships will be considered favourably, but not essential)
- Excellent project management and organisation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Extremely well organised with the ability to manage time efficiently and prioritise work effectively, delegating where appropriate, and finding solutions when issues arise
- Excellent team player
- Friendly, reliable, resilient and upbeat
The employer reserves the right to close the listing and stop accepting applications sooner than the original deadline. Therefore we strongly recommend applying at the earliest opportunity.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Level of experience