Press & PR officer
Closing date for applications: 29th June at 11.59pm
Join the National Gallery in this exciting role with a focus on media relationships and press activity!
The National Gallery are looking for a Press & PR Officer to help develop PR campaigns and activities that maximise the Gallery’s use of earned media, seamlessly integrating with the other communications activities, and helping to report on PR and press campaign activity.
This is a key role in helping the Press, PR & External Affairs team generate positive press coverage for the National Gallery, maintaining and developing its global reputation. You will help develop PR campaigns and activities that maximise the Gallery’s use of earned media, seamlessly integrating with the other communications activities, and helping to report on PR and press campaign activity.
- Assisting the Press, PR & Public Affairs team with all relevant press and PR campaigns
- Liaising with and answering enquiries from media, individuals, and other organisations
- Research and develop contacts with national, regional, and international media and influencers in order to maximise coverage opportunities for the National Gallery
- Assist and participate in the organisation of events including press conferences, exhibitions and press tours - ensure all press launches and press views are in the Culture Diary
- Help maintain the various National Gallery contact lists, ensuring they are regularly kept up to date
- Helping to report on PR and press campaign activity
- Assisting with film crews as required – including, arranging interviews, producing schedules, preparing contracts, supervising filming, and generally carrying out all administrative duties associated with the organisation of these activities
- Keeping the Press, PR & External Affairs team up to date, including processing invoices promptly
- Carry out various Press Office general duties, including answering written and telephone enquiries, help with mailings and preparing press kits, issuing images to media as required etc.
- Compiling the daily press cuttings from our media monitoring service, saving them to our press coverage folders and circulating them by email to Gallery members and stakeholders
- Compiling and circulating by email the weekly Trustees press cuttings
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Demonstrable experience of developing content required by press to gain coverage (e.g. press releases)
- Effective time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage projects across different departments
- Demonstrable effective written and verbal communication skills
- Courteous manner, with proven effective teamwork skills
- Methodical in approach to administrative tasks
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year