Print-on-Demand production assistant, Academic & Professional x 2 (4 months fixed-term)
Closing date: 10th December 2023
Salary pay point: £27,000 per annum
Contract details: Full-time for 4 months
This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for someone keen to gain experience in the book publishing industry within the production-editorial environment.
We are looking for two POD Production Assistants to co-ordinate the conversion of our backlist titles to Print-on-Demand formats. The role sits in our busy Academic and Professional Division, which publishes across a range of subjects including Philosophy, Education, Theology, Linguistics, History, Drama, Film and Media, and Fashion.
- Process POD submissions to the department
- Maintain POD title metadata
- Create cover templates
- Source text files or hard copies and arrange for conversion to POD
- Distribute POD-ready files to our POD suppliers
- Trouble-shoot across the POD process and clear error reports from suppliers
- Data entry and other admin tasks to support the team as required
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Proven IT skills (knowledge of Excel essential, of Adobe Acrobat desirable)
- Ability to process a large volume of work quickly and accurately
- Keen eye for detail
The roles are full-time temporary 4 month contract positions.
The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Wednesday / Thursday.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the URL Below detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 10th December 2023.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required.
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Level of experience