Location: Emerald Street, Holborn, London / WFH
Contract type: 12 months fixed-term
Term: Full-Time, 09:30-18:00
Salary range: £35,000 - £40,000 (pro rata) depending upon experience
Start date: September/October
Reports to: Creative Director, Production
At Novel we’re looking for a producer to lead the production of a new anthology series.
Novel produces premium original podcasts, as well as award winning content for leading broadcast networks and platforms, including the BBC, iHeartRadio, Wondery, Audible and Spotify.
Whilst investigative and narrative documentary storytelling are firmly in our DNA, Novel also develops and produces shows spanning comedy, politics, sport and scripted.
With great development and IP at the center, our ideas are increasingly migrating to TV, Film and publishing.
We are an ever expanding team of 50+ people based in London.
At Novel we’re looking for a producer to lead the production of a new anthology series. Each episode will be a self-contained story related to a years-long investigation Novel has been undertaking. Though much of the reporting has been completed, this person will work with our host to conduct sensitive interviews and craft compelling narratives from the material collected. We need someone with a proven track record of working on narrative series and formatted shows, with a strong interest in investigative journalism, especially in the context of activity on the dark web.
The ideal candidates will have a great ear for audio storytelling and four years experience as a producer. A highly creative approach to audio production is a must. Experience editing on Reaper and Descript is a significant plus.
If you fit the bill and are interested in a role in which you will be an integral part of Novel’s production team then please do get in touch. You’ll be joining a rapidly growing company packed with creative programme makers, sound designers and experienced executive producers who’ll be on hand to help you grow and develop as a producer.
- Podcast production
- Sourcing and booking contributors
- Recording contributors, both remotely, in studio and on location
- Script writing, editing and scoring complex material
- Audio editing to a high standard
- Music sourcing
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience as audio producer
- Team player
- A track record of producing long running chat/interview formats
- A strong understanding of what it takes to tell powerful stories
- Passionate about podcasting and creative audio production with wide ranging listening habits
- Excellent writer and audio editor
- A skilled multitasker
- Exceptional organisation
- Experience creating and maintaining production calendars
- Confidence with audio file organization
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Great communicator with junior staff, senior management, clients, interviewees and talent alike
- Creative thinker, capable of developing progressive approaches to familiar topics
- Keen problem solver – must be able to think on your feet and react quickly and calmly under pressure
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail – everything we deliver is at a premium level
- Proficient user of G-Suite and Slack
- Salary range £35,000 - £40,000 (pro rata) depending upon experience
- 23 days of holiday per annum
- Life insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
- Auto enrolment pension plan
- Season ticket loan
- Private health care
Please click 'apply' to email us with the subject line PRODUCER DARKWEB and include a copy of your CV and any other relevant information. Additionally, please include a paragraph why you’d be a good candidate for the role along with examples of the original podcasts you’ve launched and produced that you’re most proud of.
It is obvious the podcast industry needs to change and become more diverse. We are therefore particularly keen to hear from applicants that are underrepresented in the industry, such as those from Black, Asian & ethnically diverse backgrounds or disabled people.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Media / Communication
Years of experience
- £31,000 to £40,000 per year