Scholastic Children’s Books has an exciting opportunity for a production assistant to join our London team.
Scholastic is the world’s largest publisher and distributer of children’s books and is home to best-selling authors and illustrators such as Liz Pichon, Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, Dara O’Brian and Phillip Pullman, as well as market leading brands including The Hunger Games, Captain Underpants and Horrible Histories.
As a production assistant, you will work closely with the production manager and will be responsible for overseeing the reprint process for our backlist.
Key tasks will include
- Preparing titles for reprint
- Maintaining schedules
- Managing costs with both our internal teams and our external suppliers to ensure delivery dates and production deadlines can be met
Knowledge, skills, experience
- It is essential that you have strong organisation and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- A keen eye for detail
- You will have a flexible, proactive attitude to your work and the ability to demonstrate solid problem solving skills
- You must have strong IT skills that include Excel (essential), Word, Adobe Acrobat and FTP sites
- An understanding of the book production process would be an advantage
We are an inclusive organisation and recognise the need for change and a more equal society. We welcome applications from any background and characteristic.
Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the stated closing date if applications reach the required number.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year