Salary: £475 per week
Contract: 4 months minimum, full-time
Deadline: 24th August 2022 at 23:59
Start date: September 2022
Broadcasting live with an incredible opportunity for a politically-minded production intern to join the team at ITV's flagship politics show, Peston! If you have a passion for current affairs and you’re ready to gain hands-on experience in a fast-moving television environment, keep reading…
ITV's MultiStory Media are a team of passionate story-tellers working across a broad range of genres: current affairs, documentaries, factual entertainment, entertainment and drama. They aim to make innovative shows that capture the heart of the nation, including the likes of Peston, Come Dine With Me and The Martin Lewis Money Show.
They have an exciting opportunity for a production intern to work on their (live) studio politics show, Peston for at least 4 months. You will gain a detailed insight into the daily operations of an 'as' live, studio-based programme. This will include factual research, contributing ideas, financial, legal, logistical and editorial knowledge.
The production intern will take on a role producing research to help the editorial team and presenters make their weekly show. You will also receive training in key systems such as iNews and Silvermouse and develop basic editing skills. The intern will be given the opportunity to shadow the programme producers and production manager, which will allow them to learn how to support the team’s management and administration requirements, gain television production experience and develop journalistic skills.
Hours will be spread across five days per week and will frequently include late evening work on Wednesdays.
What you will learn
- Pre-production and research skills
- Production and research skills
- Production management skills
- How to maintain clear records of episodes
- How to assist the team on transmission day
- Basic financial management skills
- Understanding of how a busy current affairs programme operates
- Entry level editorial experience of live programming
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Must have a strong interest in current affairs/news, particularly British politics
- Interested in a career in TV production or journalism
- Must have strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Great organisation with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to operate well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Some knowledge and experience of graphic design software or social media
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: email@example.com
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, disabled people and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Years of experience