This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an internationally renowned gallery. You’ll be hands on, happy to pitch in and enjoy working in a dynamic environment where no two days are the same.
We're looking to recruit an experienced production manager to support the curatorial teams in the realisation of multi-disciplinary artistic projects over a 6-month period.
Working in conjunction with the Gallery Manager and other Production Manager, you’ll plan, budget and schedule technical work in the Serpentine Galleries. You’ll source and manage freelance technicians and suppliers, create technical drawings and visualisations and be responsible for risk assessments for these projects. You’ll also assist on forward planning and speculative budgeting and assist the curatorial teams in exhibition planning, maintenance and support fine art handling and conservation. You’ll have significant production management experience, ideally in the arts/non-profit sector, flexibly delivering complex projects to deadline.
You’ll enjoy managing a wide variety of production processes and you’ll understand the importance of Health and Safety in all activities. You’ll have project management skills, be experienced in 3D and 2D CAD software to visualize your projects and you'll be good with budgets.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You’ll have significant production management experience, ideally in the arts/non-profit sector, flexibly delivering complex projects to deadline
- You’ll enjoy and have experience managing a wide variety of production processes, which could include art handling, sound, video, lighting, fabrication, woodwork, metalwork or painting
- You’ll have proven budget and project management skills with attention to detail
- You’ll be experienced in 3D and 2D CAD software to draft and visualise your projects
- You’ll have knowledge and experience in managing health and safety with a team of different technicians, and you’ll promote a safety culture in all production activities, ensuring the pro-active identification of risks, and a clear and positive approach
- You’ll be confident with Microsoft Office suite and have good all-round IT skills
- You’ll have excellent written and verbal communication skills and choose a collaborative team approach
- Experience using Autodesk AutoCAD
- Experience of delivering museum-standard art projects and working with art conservators, shippers and registrars
- Training and qualifications in Health & Safety and Construction, Design and Management (CDM)
- Experience of and training in using scaffold towers and mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs)
- A clean UK driving licence
Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 7th August 2022.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Logistic / Production
- Tourism / Eventmanagement
- Business administration / Management
- Visual arts / Design
Years of experience
- £31,000 to £40,000 per year
- technical knowledge
- MS Outlook
- MS Excel
- MS Word