Programming co-ordinator, contemporary music
Closing date for applications is: 12 noon, Friday 12 August 2022
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Salary: £30,440 – £34,240 per annum (inclusive of London weighting), subject to experience and skills
In this role you'll act as the first point of contact for the contemporary programme function and manage the flow of information externally and internally.
The Barbican presents a music programme of unrivalled scope and ambition, working in partnership with its resident and associate ensembles and the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join the Barbican Music team, to assist the Contemporary Music Programmer by co-ordinating all aspects of programming, planning and delivery of the music programme.
- Duties will include liaising with the Barbican’s resident and associate ensembles and producers
- Working with internal departments (marketing, press, development, box office, finance, and production)
- Negotiating diary dates, drafting budgets and contracts, managing payments, budgets, and guest lists
Knowledge, skills, experience
- As well as being organised and efficient
- The successful candidate will have a passion for music, excellent communication skills
- A knowledge and significant experience of working in arts administration (e.g. arts venue, music festival or performing arts organisation)
- Relevant industry knowledge and experience.
We’re committed to increasing diversity of staff within the Barbican. As an organisation we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences. We are particularly keen to encourage interest from people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+, Black, Asian, and other global majority backgrounds. In recognising the positive value of diversity, we want to better reflect and understand the communities we exist to serve.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
We are members of the Disability Confident Scheme and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who would like to be considered under this scheme and who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role. We support and provide adjustments for people with disabilities – if you have a disability and need help with the application process, please contact us.
Click the apply button to find out more. Alternatively, please contact the Corporate HR on 020 7332 3978 (24hr answerphone) or email email@example.com quoting reference BC0985. A minicom service for the hearing impaired is available on 020 7332 3732.
Years of experience
- £31,000 to £40,000 per year